VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this small battle (sawfish) badge original ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this small battle (sawfish) badge original ?

I just see this , I want to hear your experts's opinion please . Thank you very much .
    Kind Regards
    Xiwan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM.

Yes, it´s original!

Comment

Thank you Ludwig , you are very nice . Some thread on Chinese website shows its name " navy patrol badge " . Is this translation right ? I am search knowledge for this . Thank you very much .
      Kind Regards
      Xiwan

Comment

Hi Xiwan,
        A correct translation would more likely be: battle badge of the small battle arms units.
        Kleinkampfmittel = Klein (=small) Kampf (=battle) Mittel (=instruments, arms, utilities).
        These badges are very rare and not many were awarded and even less handed out to the troops.
        Try to find a photo of a soldier wearing a sawfish badge, even the lowest grade!
        I have never seen any numbers of awarded, but one thing is for sure, only a handful; they came late, very few survivors etc.
        I guess the lack of interest for obtaining these badges, is that most collectors don´t know much about the K-units. And I guess the lack of a swastika? In my eyes that fact makes them even more attractive!

Comment

Original as already stated.

Comment

Looks very nice
            Not often seen original

Andy

Comment

Ludwig,
              I think the cost is a factor with collectors as well. With just a simple proficiency badge starting at $800 to $1000 I think most will opt for a more significant (best term I can think of right now) war badge. A tank destruction badge IMO carries more meaningful achievement behind it and the cost to the collector is the same. And the rarity is offset to some degree by the plain design.

Please, don't take this as a disparagement of what the K-verband did or of their sacrifices. These were brave men and they are units I have always had a keen interest in for their accomplishments as well as their very interesting equipment. I smile every time I walk into the operating room and see Drager anesthesia equipment and I have bored the people ad nauseum with stories about what else Drager has made.

I know there was a thread in the last year discussing the prices of these badges and i don't want to rehash that thread. Personally, I would love to have a set of these in my collection but I hear my billfold groan when I start thinking about it.

JAndrew

Comment

Yes, I think that you are correct there, too!
                "Quite a lot of money for just a small cloth fish"
                Gee, if you could just imagine how much I am willing to pay for a "small fish with a rope and three swords"...

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                Ludwig,
                I think the cost is a factor with collectors as well. With just a simple proficiency badge starting at $800 to $1000 I think most will opt for a more significant (best term I can think of right now) war badge. A tank destruction badge IMO carries more meaningful achievement behind it and the cost to the collector is the same. And the rarity is offset to some degree by the plain design.

Please, don't take this as a disparagement of what the K-verband did or of their sacrifices. These were brave men and they are units I have always had a keen interest in for their accomplishments as well as their very interesting equipment. I smile every time I walk into the operating room and see Drager anesthesia equipment and I have bored the people ad nauseum with stories about what else Drager has made.

I know there was a thread in the last year discussing the prices of these badges and i don't want to rehash that thread. Personally, I would love to have a set of these in my collection but I hear my billfold groan when I start thinking about it.

JAndrew

Comment

Ludwig,
                  If I find two I will make sure you get the option on at least one of them.
                  JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                    Ludwig,
                    If I find two I will make sure you get the option on at least one of them.
                    JAndrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X