• Show
Clear All

Der Fuhrer cyphers real or????

reverse
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Guys:

Any opinions on these Der Führer officer boards? I must admit these are out of my knowledge comfort zone. Any help greatly appreciated!
      Attached Files

Comment

I saw those on Ebay...they look like they might be good ones.

Comment

These are tough, and I'm certainly no pro, but they look like they could be good. The detail is fine, the prong position (top and bottom), their thin appearance, and the general formation seems OK.

Even when these are off the boards, it's tough to say - but I like them.

s/f Robert

Comment

I would vote no on these...the ends should be squared,not rounded,,too much space where the top of the F intersects with the D,top and bottom edges of the D should also be squared,not rounded and middle leg of the F should be tapered as it joins the main vertical line of the F,,too much material here at this point...just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by militarymania View Post
              I would vote no on these...the ends should be squared,not rounded,,too much space where the top of the F intersects with the D,top and bottom edges of the D should also be squared,not rounded and middle leg of the F should be tapered as it joins the main vertical line of the F,,too much material here at this point...just my opinion
              I agree....cast copies IMHO. This "type" is also available in LAH.

Comment

I have owned several pairs or single examples of these, and there were variations on originals. It really makes it hard to determine originality on these when they are tightly attached to a board, since the reverses tell so much.

I don't recommend removing them, but can you see under an edge and determine if they are stamped or cast?

s/fg Robert

Comment

I don't know if they are cast..there looks like some parts where the gilt is worn off them..and one has a flaw the other does not have. If they are they are very well done. A hands on would be best for these.

Comment

Ja

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                    I don't know if they are cast..there looks like some parts where the gilt is worn off them..and one has a flaw the other does not have. If they are they are very well done. A hands on would be best for these.
                    My thoughts as well, I lean towards fake and I hate that piping. They need an in hand to dismiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      My thoughts as well, I lean towards fake and I hate that piping. They need an in hand to dismiss.
                      Ill have them in 2 wks with a 14 day inspection period....theyre super cheap so why not take the chance, will keep you posted. piping reminds me of the piping on the gaberdine m43...... the seller seems like a decent guy.lastly, if these are bad, were are in for a rough ride here. This would take forgery to a whole new level. All the wear is consistant throughout ( esp. note the indents for strap buttons & lack of soil etc. If these WERE real, what could someone Realistically get for them?
                      Last edited by RD Rygaard; 08-12-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        care to point out the flaw john? I cant seem to notice it.. Also does anyone have one with rock solid providence they can post for comparrison? regards, Richard
                        Last edited by RD Rygaard; 08-12-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

May just be damage on the inside of the lower part of one F

Comment

red arrows of concern...please forgive my sloppy attempt at the red arrows-they all point to what I believe are the cast flaws with the "DF" monogram,,,
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a real one for comparison.

Tom
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X