Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayer or Schickle?

Hi guys,

I was planning to sell this beauty on the e-stand, but was wondering if this is an early Mayer or Schickle product? Help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Daniel
    Attached Files

If you post it as an early Schickle / Mayer design, I think most who are hunting for this type will understand. I haven't heard anything new lately. Nice badge BTW!

--Rgds, Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
      If you post it as an early Schickle / Mayer design, I think most who are hunting for this type will understand. I haven't heard anything new lately. Nice badge BTW!

--Rgds, Ken

Thanks Ken, I usually donĀ“t pay much attention when it comes to makers of badges...

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

I can only agree with Ken, if you call it a Mayer/Schickle you will be covered. Or even if you just call it a Mayer, you will cover it. There is some evidence pointing to Schickle, but some of these are also found with Mayer's L/18 mark on them as well, so either maker is possible IMO.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

I have a IAB in my collection that i say are a Schickle and it have another catch

Andy
          Attached Files

Comment

The front
            Attached Files

Comment

Andy the variant you have is the so called Schickle because of the catch and the one Daniel owns is used to called Mayer. The L/18 marked example believed to be made by Petz & Lorenz.

Comment

Hi Daniel......

......to date, I will go along with Hans on this one. The L/18 pin marked ISA's are believed, by some(including myself), to have been made by P & L, and then stamped for resale by Mayer.

Comment

mayer or schickle

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
                  Hi Daniel,

I can only agree with Ken, if you call it a Mayer/Schickle you will be covered. Or even if you just call it a Mayer, you will cover it. There is some evidence pointing to Schickle, but some of these are also found with Mayer's L/18 mark on them as well, so either maker is possible IMO.

Tom
                  I have a question. I have been looking at this badge and as per the IAB book that I am using for reference written by Sascha Weber, I see the Mayer identity. I however, do not find any reference to a Schickle IAB. If anyone could shed some light on this for me. Thanks, Troy

Comment

In the IAB book there are no referens to Schickle
                    This book was made before more info came to the collector world
                    The book miss some information but it is still a good book

Andy

Comment

mayer or schickle

Do any of the badges have the mm for schickle on them.

Comment

Originally posted by troybyrom View Post
                        Do any of the badges have the mm for schickle on them.
                        No IAB has ever been found marked Schickle. Nor marked for Petz & Lorenz for that matter. They have only ever rarely been found marked with L/18, and that is why they have been classified as BH Mayer.

Tom
                        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

mayer or schickle

Tom,
                          I appreciate the info.
                          Troy

Comment

Could be an early Zimmermann (L/52) or Foerster & barth (L/21) aswell because they worked together with Schickle under the Label "Liefergemeinschaft Pforzheimer Ordenshersteller) ....
                            Best regards, Andreas

______
                            The Wound Badge of 1939
                            www.vwa1939.com
                            The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
                            www.ek1939.com

Comment

Nice badge Daniel

I am sure if there was definite proof for any of the makers mentioned in this thread, someone would post it. There are variations of this design, and so far the only tangible link is the L/18 marked badges.

regards
                              Graeme

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X