Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Pith Helmet Eagle Shield

Greetings all,

Recently scored a grouping of items from a vets grandson. Included was this KM pith helmet eagle shield. Would anyone know of a ballpark value for one of these? I've searched high and low and can't find one for sale nor even recall seeing one for sale. Bill Shea has a pith helmet with an identical shield but no single shield for sale. Any and all comments appreciated in advance

Thanks,
    Richard
    Attached Files

Hi Richard,

That's the same type of aluminum pith shield that I posted for discussion a few years ago in this thread:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...20#post4261220

Hard to say regarding value. I got a good deal by chance for my set from a U.S. antique dealer on a shopping website, but the prices for pith shields seem all over the map on the internet from reasonable to ridiculously expensive depending on condition and random factors. The market demand for them seems to be sporadic compared with war badges?

I only wanted a set because I had a photo of my Dad wearing a pith helmet in 1943 in Sardinia.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Hi Richard,

Get hold of Matt, afrikasandman, and see if he has a value. He's been quite helpful with pith related items before and may be again with yours.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

Very nice shield. The broken pin kills the value a bit, maybe $50 or there abouts IMHO.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks guys for the info and thank you Norm for the link. Very nice photos of your dad

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X