MKP Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKP Photos

Just won these on ebay, I cannot wait to get them and blow them up, look at the left sleeve, could this be the elusive marinekustenpolizei cuff title in wear?? my god I hope so.

The one I missed

Comment

They look like KM personnel, so it should be. I don't know of any other naval CTs.

Comment

the CTs

Comment

They arrived today, been playing around with the scanner and here are the results. First one not very clear but I can tell there is some writing.

Last edited by germanpolice; 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

The second one was a 900% increase in the photo with normal DPI tried several other DPIs up to 9800 but all came out too blurey, could not see anything, but on a low DPI I got something. To me I can just make out POLIZEI?? your thought? and an officer too.

Comment

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
              They arrived today, been playing around with the scanner and here are the results. First one not very clear but I can tell there is some writing.
              It is definitely MKP cuff title. Very nice picture

Regards,
              Haruki

Comment

Well done on getting these!

Comment

Nice Marine-Küstenpolizei (MKP) photographs. It is just a pity he is not photographed "when being in service", as otherwise he would have worn the small gorget for the MKP.

As far as I know he is wearing the uniform according the M.Dv Nr.261 from October 5, 1941 (Marine-Küstenpolizei-Vorschrift), but with a regular naval visored cap.
                  The arm eagle is as it should be: without the name for a location.

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that there are other police in the group, so why are they not also wearing the MKP CT, they cannot be wassershutzpolizei because of the breast eagle? Are there any regulations requiring certain individuals to wear the CT and others not to? or would you think that it was just personal preferance?

Mr wilhelm Saris thanks for the info

Just been looking over the pictures again and I have noticed that the man in this picture sitting may have letters to his shoulder boards, where there regulations for letter? as I have noticed in the other pictures that an anchor is worn by the NCO, but the picture os too blured to know for sure. The man standing behind him is also wearing a title, you can just see it above the shoulder board of the man sitting.

Here is a 900% increase in the photo, looks like an umlaut on the U in the CT of the man standing.

Last edited by germanpolice; 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
                      I have noticed that the man in this picture sitting may have letters to his shoulder boards, where there regulations for letter? as I have noticed in the other pictures that an anchor is worn by the NCO, but the picture os too blured to know for sure.
                      They wear normal Kriegsmarine NCO rank insignias. The anchor on the shoulder board is Laufbahnabzeichen (career insignia).
                      Blurred device of seated NCO's shoulder board is actually 2 crossed anchors, so he is Steuermann (helmsman).
                      Last edited by Torpedomaat; 05-31-2012, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I have received the photo #2 and just scanned.
                        Unfortunately, the sharpness is not so good as germanpolice's photos, but I can make out the cuff title "Marine-Küstenpolizei" at least.

Haruki

Last edited by Torpedomaat; 05-31-2012, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Torpedomaat thats the one I missed and you beat me at 37 euro. If you put this in the scanner and increase the size by 900% you will get a much sharper image. If you want to sell the photo I would like it. Otherwise can you send me a copy of the photo in at least 300% and 300dpi to me at
                          garychambers9@aol.com as I would like to include this picture in my book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X