Bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar?

Im thinking this is a BAR,its alittle rusty and banged up but the bolt slides easily and its rock solid not bad for 60 years in the ground ,I was very surprised when i pulled the bolt back and and a round came out.

Comment

Comment

The barrel is also stamped 6963

Comment

As we were looking around a friend of mine also found a box of 3 panzerfausts in the box but they were heavily rusted and in pretty bad shape so we left them there

Eric.

Comment

Bar

Nice fimd this is a Model 1930 F.N. BAR. More than likely captured by the Germans during the fall of Belgium and issued to the German peoples army Volksturm Wehrmacht ..wfg

Comment

I was wondering why there was a belgium machine gun mixed in with all the other German stuff,Thanks for the info

Eric

Comment

At the end of the war they used everything they got, Belgium, italian

Anyway nice find, did you made a picture of the panzerfausts?

Arjan

Comment

No pictures of the panzerfaust i should have brought my camera with me.we just reburied the box and marked it ,i'm sure we'll go back and take pics.

Eric

Comment

Hi.

Only Belgium Bar I wish Polish version.
                    Belgium Mauzer was 7,65mm, how about BAR, was it chambered for 7,65 too.
                    Maybe Germans rechambered it to 7,92?

Did you find cases or ammo with the gun?
                    Belgium mauzers ammo are marked FN and year of manufacture. (FN 40, FN 39, etc.)

Congratulation and more findings like this.

mietek

Comment

Flieger,

Be careful if you're metal hunting. It's illegal in Germany and when I was there, I was chastised by the Polizei and sent on my way. Just a heads up.

Gene
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Mietek:the only round was the one chambered.

Is it is illegal to metal detect in Germany?or just in certain parts?Thanks for the heads up
                        Eric

Comment

Thanks for the warning Gene! I didn't knew it was illegal in Germany.

Thanks,
                          Junior.

Comment

Hi Flieger.

Do you still have that round? Was it German or Belgium 7.65.

Terrible in Germany metal detectig is also illegal.

Soon there will not be any place to search.

best regards mietek

Comment

When I was a tanker in Germany in the early seventies, I once stumbled across an MG42 under the pine straw in an old shallow (foxhole). We cleaned it up and mounted it on a wheelbarrow on which we painted bumper numbers. The company idiot was assigned responsibility for it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X