Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kampfabzeichen der kleinkampfmittel 3.stufe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kampfabzeichen der kleinkampfmittel 3.stufe.

Hello,

I would like to check this one, rather rare to see around and thus not easy to get more information about the originality.

For me, it looks pretty much the same as the one on Andre Huesken's site:
    http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/krieg...ufe-16363.html

Just to note that UV test is OK, and burn test with a piece of loose thread went OK.

And here are a few pics:
    Attached Files

and the reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I'm not an expert in this badge but IMO is not a good one. Mr.Huesken is not the best reference for this, or any other, piece.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hi Andjelo,

I agree with Eduardo, not an accepted original. These are a land mine of course because they're easy to make and ludicrously overpriced due to rarity, and it's impossible to verify any variations because of the rarity of photos of badges in wear and any with good provenance. So naturally any dealer hoping for a buck will list them at crazy prices like trawling for salmon and hope for a bite from unsuspecting prey.

As a result the only current widely accepted variation is the kind shown by Ludwig in this thread:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...96#post3750296
        which shows obvious differences from that one.

Technically speaking these things were awards rather than insignia and so could be posted also in the Badge forum, so you'll see quite a few threads on them over there.

(Having said that, Schützenschnuren are also awards and yet they never caught on in the badge forum and have always been discussed in the uniform section...I don't know why.)

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Yes, just what I thought. Thanks guys
          The construction is good, embroidery just like it should be, but it seems that the circle should be nice, not distracted on the fish head and rope knot.

It must be a very old copy, as it just looks old, and that's the feeling in hand compared to all other original patches I have.

Nevermind, another one passed by ;-)

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have a few pics on file of a know original for reference -

Cheers
            JustinC

Comment

Thanks!

I was chasing the facts about these patches, and I found out that there are some "not originals" made on the just same cloth and with the same backing cloth as known original KM patches.

If those are indeed not originals, it's amazing where the faking technology has come today. it even smells old, just like the original patches.

And with all those variations (even today, 70 years from the war, we can still find a new original badge variant!) it's really hard to tell...

I'm keeping this one as I got it for nothing, if for nothing else than for the reference.

Comment

KM Kriegsmarine Kampfabzeichen für die Kleinkampfmittel check for originality please

Hello, any comments on this one are most welcome!
                Kleinkampf3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                  Hello, any comments on this one are most welcome!
                  [ATTACH]2511003[/ATTACH]

Original badge, Glaser!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X