Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Crss 2nd class & Merit Cross

Hi Gents,

I bought this set on ebay quite a few years ago. They also came with documentation awarded to the same person.

Do you think these are legit or are they fakes? Theres no makers mark on the iron cross and as far as I can tell the centre is not magnetic either. The merit cross has the number 45 on the ring.

Apologies for being a bit vague but Im still pretty green. Oh, and I can only upload two photos maximum.

I really appreciate any advice.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wootars; 04-09-2012, 06:40 AM. Reason: To give thanks for any advice

Both very nice examples. Feel free to post the documents too, either here or the Photo/Documents forum.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thankyou Hank. Here are pics of the documents.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good

Andy

Comment

Very nice group.

Comment

Both medals look good and the documents are nice too. Both documents are signed by Emil Vogel.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

nice stuff

Comment

Originally posted by wootars View Post
                Do you think these are legit or are they fakes? Theres no makers mark on the iron cross and as far as I can tell the centre is not magnetic either.
                Hello again,

Have you actually checked the core of the Iron Cross with a magnet? From the picture, it sure looks like an iron core to me. Of course, not all original Iron Crosses have iron cores.

Best regards,
                Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thankyou for the feedback Gentleman, its good to know when you make a sound purchase. Heres a couple more pics.

Thanks Tom, I have just checked the core with a magnet (it works)..iron core.

Errol
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by wootars; 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: adding text

Comment

Hello, may i ask how much you purchased these for? Thank you, kane
                    Oh, and both very nice examples

Comment

Thanks Kane.

Luckily I save my purchase information (very lucky to find it ) I actually purchased both medals with docs for $170 back in 2005

Errol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X