Opinions Plz RK Stickpin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Plz RK Stickpin?

Hello everyone, I have not much expertise in Stickpins having just started collecting them. My question to you is, is this an RK stickpin? The seller lists it as being quite larger than the 1st class or 2nd class stickpins. This pin has no maker mark.

What do you think? Is $125 too much money to pay for her if she is real?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airborne Nut; 07-08-2004, 01:37 PM.

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Pin as a whole
      Attached Files

Comment

Surely someone has seen one of these before?

Anyone?

Thanks,

-Shane

Comment

It is just a stickpind with an Iron Cross. I don't know how one decides it is an Knight's Cross, other than by upping the price. If the seller raises the price enough, perhaps it ican be the stickpin for Goering's Grand Cross. What I am trying to say is don't make it more than it is; a very nice stickpin depicting an Iron Cross.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Is not the pin (cross) larger for the Knight Cross than the same pin for the Iron Cross ?

Cheers.
            Peter Wiking

Comment

These stickpins were privately purchased. The only time you KNOW you have a Knight's Cross stickpin is when the 3 crosses are all mounted on the pin with the Knight's Cross being larger. The enamel stickpin is just an Iron Cross stickpin and was probably made and sold in many varieties by different makers and vendors. I guess if you really want to believe...........

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

There isn't anything i see that suggest's that this is an stickpin RK. Looks just like any other EK stickpin i've seen. I only have one stickpin myself and it was given to me as a gift from a friend. Nothing fundamentally wrong with this one, but you can't be sure that it's an RK stickpin. Finding a stickpin with two EKs and an RK would be a better bet if your into these. Personally i wouldn't pay 125$ for this, but i don't collect'em so i can't be the judge of that. Just my two cents.
                Antti

Comment

i agree with it's not an KC, some say if their bigger than others it's an KC. BUT with all of my research and crosses, it's just a IC 1st class.
                  in the formans book he says that if there are two crosses together and one is bigger than the other then it's an IC 1st with a KC. but i really don't know where he get's that???

i beleave that if someone recived a KC he would want to show it with his others so it would be easy to tell he recived it.???
                  and for the price? well i don't want to lose his sale, but 125.00 is pretty high, 45.00 for an enamel one is about right??

hope this helps greg

Comment

i agree 125 no way. last one i got was for 35 and not long ago

Comment

Thank you everyone. I knew that the RK stickpin was larger than the EK1 and 2 stickpins, but was unaware that EK1 and 2 stickpins varied that widely in size.

Once again the forum has saved me valuable resources, $$$!

Thanks to all!

-SHane

Comment

Knights Cross/EKs/Spange Stick pin

Hello Gents,

I'll tell you a story behind this stick pin after you give me your valued opinions regarding its authenticity (or lack thereof?), please.

Cheers,

Bill
                        Last edited by freemason; 12-26-2006, 04:20 PM.

Comment

KC/Spange stick pin

.......And here's the reverse. Sorry for the distance.

Bill
                          Last edited by freemason; 12-26-2006, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Hi Bill,

For what it's worth, I like it and wouldn't mind it in my collection .
                            Has the pin been resoldered?

KR
                            Peter

Comment

KC Pin

Hi Peter,

Nope. The original join. I understand that these were zinc, with a silver wash.
                              No maker mark, and nice detail to both Spange (Spangen?).

Um.......the person I bought it from, has a cased Knights Cross for sale (I told her that I am in the market for one)..........and hers is a

Caveat emptor.

Oh well.......I'll find one from one of the WA members. It's better to buy from "family", anyway

Cheers

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X