Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM dagger hangers / 2 versions?

Hello,

I have two different versions of KM dagger hangers, which I want to show and discuss it's authenticity with you here.
    The main difference, apart from the fact that one longer hanger was obviously shortened a few cm, is the metal parts, which are made of aluminum in one, and of bronze (or similar) in second case.
    Are those early/late war versions, or different manufacturers maybe?
    To shorten the story, here are some pictures:

I tend to think that they were both valid types during the period, brass based fittings being the earlier (pre war) versions... lets hear from those that know better though.. Kevin.

Comment

I'm with Kevin, both appear correct for the period with the brass ones being earlier.

Comment

Brass based are definitely earlier but also worn by many during the TR period with their 2nd pattern dagger.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Many thanks ti all, just what I thought, but waited for more experienced ones to tell. Thx...

Comment

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but I believe there may be a problem... The top one you show in aluminium appears to be correct & period, the bottom one looks to be a current reproduction out of Germany.

I bought one of these which is identical to the bottom one you show, also shorter, same stitching type and hardware. Also the gilding is wrong, too gold and the base material is not solid brass, but a heavy alloy of some kind. Here are some pics of the fake one I have studied, I don't want to expose too many of its obvious red flags that may assist the faker in improving his wares...

Hope I'm wrong, but doesn't look like it to me. Maybe worth looking at this thread as well:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=558300&page=2

Best, Red
            Attached Files

Comment

more
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

OK, thanks. It seems that I was sunk by that Porsche crap...

The hangers are indeed a good copy, hardly noticeable from the pictures on eBay. The first thing suspicious for me was the length, than the stitches, and after that the thin material of the chain and hook.

But I thought that I'm just too cautious (which we never are in this waters), and I'm seeing white mices :-(....

Now I'll take more care the next time. This one will stay in collection as a reminder.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X