Reality check please-NSKK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality check please-NSKK

I just sold this dagger to a forum member who is now saying it is a total fake....IMO its a good one, could I get some other takes on this please? He will get a refund of course but I dispute his claims of poor rzm etching, cracked handle....(not when I mailed it) poor motto etc....Thank you in advance for your time.
    Kind regards,
    Eric
    Attached Files

some more
    Attached Files

Comment

a few more
      Attached Files

Comment

and these
        Attached Files

Comment

bad photo,s

Comment

i'm sorry eric I too would have passed on this one the rzm is a kill deal for me.I am no expert but just buy what little knowledge i have it may be fine but for me it just did not feel right sorry.

Comment

The pics are very bad you cannot see the motto or the maker mark good. If the person who bought it from you can post better pics that will help( if he still has it)
              It does not scream fake from this pics but you cannot see to much on them.

Comment

From the close up of the grip that looks to be real. In the photos you provided it does appear to have a crack in the grip though. Better close up shots of the blade would help. Shuttlehoffer was a prolific maker of SA daggers so getting a known original to compare it to shouldn't be difficult.

Comment

As stated pictures are bad but it looks like an original to me.

Comment

Dagger looks original.
                    Take photos of blade, natural indirect light. Watch for glare. Never use flash.

-wagner-

Comment

This is the blade
                      Attached Files

Comment

more
                        Attached Files

Comment

I stand corrected, that is an F.A. Helbig dagger M7/73 (thought it was an M7/13 in the original posters pics) Steinbach makers were known for their terrible blade etching, this one seems to be no exception. I believe this is a real dagger, they just had poor quality etchings.

Comment

A non-issue because a refund has already been offered, this is not the first time that the 'Helbigs' have been discussed. I was and still am appreciative of Ron Weinand's opinion in the thread posted below, and this might be something he could look at as well. But at the end of the day this is not a dagger that I would be comfortable with myself. FP

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthrea...lbig+SS&page=2

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has take time to weigh in on this dagger, I will refund his money once the item is back in my hands and in the state/condition in which it was sent. I apologize for the horrid photos...its time for a better camera and a tripod.
                              Again, thank you!
                              Thanks also to Signalman for the huge close ups of the blade....late war poor quality and typical of RZM to me which is why I prefer to collect early blades myself.
                              Regards,
                              Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X