Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice eReL Luftwaffe Officers visor

Hello Gentlemen,
    I want to show a very nice, worn example of an eReL Luftwaffe officers visor cap. I had purchased this cap and sent a bank transfer to the seller, Andreas Purat, of Euskirchen, Germany. I have not heard back from him. Please see my thread here;
    http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5953463

I was hoping if anyone saw this cap or was familiar with Andreas, that they would let me know.

Now for the cap. It is very field worn, but still in very nice condition, and it is a Privat!

Thank you and best wishes,
    Curtiss Shattuck
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Curtiss--

Are you saying you paid for it, and never received it? Did he send any proof he mailed it? Did you get a tracking #? How long ago did you pay for it?
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Stoney,
                    Yes, I made a bank transfer directly into his German account. After that, he has never replied to any e-mails at all. He first had it listed on eBay.de, from which it was cancelled. I then contacted him after it was cancelled. His eBay.de record was spotless, and he appeared to be on the up and up. He then listed it on Militaria321. I contacted the site and told them the story and they sent him and e-mail to explain the situation. He has not responded from that either. He appears to be a family man, and also a theif.
                    Thank you,
                    Curtiss

Comment

i hope it works its self out for the good very soon for you,
                      i always use paypal only as this means you can claim back if this happens within 45 days,
                      cheers-pablo.d

Comment

Curtiss,

I "bought" the same cap from Andreas Purat right after the Ebay auction was cancelled and also never received it. I traced his contact info and after talking to his wife even decided to call his son etc... (he was trying to play hide and seek with me). Just so you know, I paid for this cap on July 11th. The police paid a visit to his house on July 26th already and from what I can see, he started that auction that you won on August 22nd.

Supposedly, he was selling this cap on behalf of someone who had stolen it (so he was not even allowed to sell it). I have recieved 2/3 of my money back (one third every month with the last payment next week, hopefully). It took a lot of pressure and good connections to the authorities to get him to move.

We now know he REALLY didn't have the cap in August so I suggest you try to get your money back. Feel free to PM me with your email address and I can forward all the correspondence I had with this guy.

BTW, I also thought this Andreas Purat must be reliable (due to his ratings). He seems to have a history with this sort of thing. I love the internet (as it doesn't forget and now revealed this as well). Seven years ago, he was still "doing" bike parts: http://www.banditforum.de/phpBB2/vie...1bb34dfa926c09

A VERY bad idea to do militaria though, unique pieces and an ever smaller world. Here is his original Ebay listing:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kurt,

Remind me never to think I might get away with something with you...talk about the hounds of Hell after you. I think I would choose them as I might have a chance to get away. Ha ha....hopefully I will never need your expertise in this area.

Way to go!

Richard

Comment

Hats of to you Kurt. More of this should be done to these types. Jacques

Comment

Everytime this happens, I can't believe somebody would do such a thing to another. It's ridiculous.

Kurt - kudos to you for treating this like a corporation would treat a collection account on their books. I actually had a brief stint in a company where I did this, and you quickly learn that persistence pays off. You have to be annoying enough that they know you won't go away, but not annoying enough that they hang up on you. Eventually you get paid. It looks like you are on track to receive your final payment soon.

At least the seller is identified and we can all learn from this experience.

Curtiss - I'm terribly sorry you had to be the most recent skam for this guy. Just bum luck.

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X