X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all "BJ" marked buttons repro?

I know that some are but are they all?

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

Winkler has got buttons marked this way for sale by the dozens..
    Attached Files

Comment

Being sold as original..
      Attached Files

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the Winkler buttons. However, the 19mm BJ 42 marked buttons as sold by Reddick Militaria ( their item 0104-028-015 ) are definitely repros; in-hand they are very easy to tell from original buttons.

Comment

I agree with that. These buttons Winkler has appear to be original, they are different from the reproductions.

Comment

How about this one?
            Attached Files

Comment

I do know that the reproduction firm "At The Front" had buttons made with the initials "BJ" on the back. They used those initials for somewhat obvious reasons.
              HC

Comment

Hi Harry, well this is why I asked the question.

I searched the forum before posting this thread and there were at least 3 members who had asked the same question but without a conclusion.

Comment

Prehaps if I ask the question a different way?

Helping me authenticate the BJ 41 button I posted would help me in authenticating a very rare cap seldom seen on this forum or anywhere else if fact.

Comment

The "BJ 42" buttons as used by At the Front and other vendors were made by SM Wholesale. These have a dark color on the back, I don't think they are made of zinc. The pebbling is more of a stippled texture than the actual pebbled look of WWII buttons. That BJ 41 cap button is original, I am sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                      The "BJ 42" buttons as used by At the Front and other vendors were made by SM Wholesale. These have a dark color on the back, I don't think they are made of zinc. The pebbling is more of a stippled texture than the actual pebbled look of WWII buttons. That BJ 41 cap button is original, I am sure of it.
                      Looks original to me as well,i looked at dozens of buttons last night but mine are all marked with different makers
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

The BJ 41 button sure looks original to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hcliffe View Post
                          I do know that the reproduction firm "At The Front" had buttons made with the initials "BJ" on the back. They used those initials for somewhat obvious reasons.
                          Hi,
                          sorry to "dig up" this old topic, but I would like to know for what the mark "BJ" stands for?
                          Best,
                          Cédric

Comment

Greetings All,

Cedric, it stands for "Blow Job"

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                              Cedric, it stands for "Blow Job"
                              Hi Fred,
                              I assume your answer is a joke...
                              But really, to which manufacturer "BJ" on genuine german buttons stands for?

For exemple :

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X