RAD Winter Cap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD Winter Cap??

I'm getting back into collecting WWII German after along break, so I'm going through my old collection sorting out the oddball stuff and the rubbish.
    I've had this cap since the Mid 80's and I'm try to find out exactly what it is.
    Firstly is it a RAD cap or some other political group with the wrong badges. There are no visble markings or stamps. I don't have an issue with it being original, as I'm quite sure of that, but is it RAD? any opinions would be helpful.
    Attached Files

What is this side badge?
    Attached Files

Comment

inside the cap
      Attached Files

Comment

C'mon chaps there must be someone who knows RAD stuff

Comment

Sorry David cant help all I know is that RAD caps were a different shape ,Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi David,

Like you already stated, maybe a sort of political (SA?) winter type cap with a RAD-bagde added post-war? Any traces of previous bagdes? What does the back of the button says? RZM marked?

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers

Jan
            Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 05-19-2004, 01:17 PM.
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Thanks for some replies. There are no traces of any other badges ever being on the cap, The button is dish shaped on the back and stamped MOTZ.

Comment

Originally posted by David H
                Thanks for some replies. There are no traces of any other badges ever being on the cap, The button is dish shaped on the back and stamped MOTZ.
                Hi David,
                My guess would be political, no RAD. RAD had similar caps also (Bergmütze, skimütze, etc), but the color and piping would be different. If you plan to sell it, please email me, I would be very interested.

Thanks,

Gerard

Comment

RAD visored field cap

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter
                  Hi David,
                  My guess would be political, no RAD. RAD had similar caps also (Bergmütze, skimütze, etc), but the color and piping would be different. If you plan to sell it, please email me, I would be very interested.

Thanks,

Gerard
                  Helllo,

it is a (post 1942 winter issue?)visored fieldcap for a RAD correspondant-the badge on the side of the cap is a traditions badge for arbeitsgau XXVII (Baden)is there any inkstamps on the inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
                    Helllo,

it is a (post 1942 winter issue?)visored fieldcap for a RAD correspondant-the badge on the side of the cap is a traditions badge for arbeitsgau XXVII (Baden)is there any inkstamps on the inside?
                    Thankyou for the comment. I was toying with the idea of taking the RAD badge off and replacing it with a political eagle, glad I didn't. Thanks for the info on the traditions badge, that's great. Why is it specific to a correspondent?
                    P.S. There are no visible stampings on the cap.
                    Last edited by David H; 06-13-2004, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David H
                      Thankyou for the comment. I was toying with the idea of taking the RAD badge off and replacing it with a political eagle, glad I didn't. Thanks for the info on the traditions badge, that's great. Why is it specific to a correspondent?
                      P.S. There are no visible stampings on the cap.
                      Hello,

the yellow pipeing is for RAD correspondents,that is a very interesting cap!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X