COASTAL ARTILLERY.I need your opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COASTAL ARTILLERY.I need your opinions.

This is my Kusten Artillerie, and I need your opinions, please.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Kind regards
    Julio65
    Attached Files

Not original.

Comment

nothing to add - fake
      Mike

Comment

A bad one.

Comment

A fake as fake can be
          I enclose original badge from Jamie Cross site.
          Cheers,
          Hubert
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,

Although I agree with all the opinions given, that's a pretty scary badge. If you ignore the obvious post-war hardware, the badge itself is well done and would have caused a lot more hesitation if it had better looking hardware, although the finish still seems not quite correct and seems to be a subtle scooping perhaps of the reverse surface? An important badge to keep on record in case someone comes up with better hardware on these.

Cheers.
            ---Norm

Comment

I personally would not be so quick to write this one off so quickly. Maker mark, catch/catchplate, possibly the hinge all look correct. It appears to be a zinc badge and some Schwerin zincers can be quiet rough. The main pin is imo post-war - BUT is it a replacement? I'd like to see a shot of the base of the hinge with the pin up. I see what may be bubbling of the finish on the reverse but no indications of casting pockmarks. A little bit of obverse detail seems to be lacking (work die or indications of a casting?) and I agree the gilt finish seems a bit off but if this is a late war example both would be possible on a genuine badge. Detailed measurements may be useful in this case.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Many thanks to all the members for their help.
                Mike, the measurements are: high 54,41 mms., width 41,57 mms, weight 23,54 grs. (about, my caliper is not very good).
                Posting close-up photos.
                Kind regards
                Attached Files

Comment

reverse photos.
                  Attached Files

Comment

more reverse.
                    Attached Files

Comment

the last one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, good call Mike! Closeup photos really help. Good maker mark, good catch, good hinge, good dimensions and weight - just a replaced main pin and you can see the signs of the replacement on the hinge-pin.

Sorry about the confusion, Julio. An original zinc Schwerin with unusually good finish and a replaced main pin.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Comment

Hello Mike and Norm.
                          I´m so grateful for your invaluable help.
                          Many thanks to all.
                          Kind regards
                          Julio

Comment

Mike and Norm,
                            Hinge and catch look really nice but are you sure that all these defferences in obverse details can be excused? I marked some of them on enclosed picture. Or maybe just a different die but still original? I also do no like the pitting on the gun and colour of the wreath is more S&L-like but too orange for a Schwerin. I still do not belive in this CAB.
                            Cheers,
                            Hubert
                            Attached Files

Comment

I can there are some small differences. The "hinge" for the barrel, on top of the turret can not be explained only because of bad casting or stamping. It most be a detail in the die used to make this badge.
                              Some of the other differences can be caused by less quality int he production prosess.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X