Stickpins - E-Boat, U-Boat & Blockade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickpins - E-Boat, U-Boat & Blockade

These three came in today. I'm 'guessing' they're okay but I've very little background on stickpins.

Hoping for comments.

First up is the E-boat. It's 19.32mm wide by 24.55mm high. No markings.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Blockade
        Attached Files

Comment

26.33 mm
          Attached Files

Comment

U-Boat pin - 17.13mm wide by 13.9 high
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanx for any/all comments

Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi E-Boat and U-Boat look like good originals, BB looks alittle strange quite grainy unless its the pictures so not so sure on that one. Regards

Comment

Love that E-Boat!

Comment

Rick, this E-Boat is the first for me. The BB is known for having a "halbminiature" size (24mm) along with its 9mm and 16mm versions, but when the other 8 Marine minis appear in this size I get very cautious. What bugs me is the metal, it's obvoiusly not zinc, nor buntmetall. Any ideas what metal it might be?

cheers
                    Peter

Comment

Rick,

U-Boat is for sure a good one!

Cannot comment on the other two as not enough personal experience to have any expertise .

But I love the look of them.

Best regards,
                      RonR

Comment

Thanx for the comments.

Funny but if I were going to pick one that I wasn't sure of or would've been paranoid of it would've been the U-boat due to the small size affording limited detail.

Metal: They look like a tombac type metal. Zinc would've eaten the finnish by now in most cases (or am I wrong).

As was noted, the E-boat is very impressive. Wish I owned an E-boat medal but I'm real lite on Naval badges. Are E-boat pins like this uncommon?

The Blockade looks like it took a hit/bump right on the anchor but, all in all they look pretty good (to me) but I've no experience in stickpins. Will need to find a site offering some so I can get an idea what they're worth since I haven't the remotest idea. Not that I'm interested in letting them go, rather I just like to have a clue what the going values are when I pick something up.

RC

Comment

Rick,

This site may be helpful

http://www.quanonline.com/military/m...stickpins.html

Best regards,
                          RonR

Comment

Ron, thanks for posting that link. I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket though, that site offers a multitude of fakes. The stick-pin article doesn't provide much help either, as it doesn't feature any minis of war-badges. Oh well, there is of course a wound-badge mini, presented as L/4

cheers
                            Peter

Comment

Yes, thanx for the link.

I gather there are stickpins & then "minis". Am I correct in guessing the Blockade is a mini based on size whereas the other two are just stickpins?

RC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X