RAD 25 Yr Medal for women in Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD 25 Yr Medal for women in Gold

This medal arrived today and is one which I have been after for some time.

The condition is fantastic and the material is fire-gilded Tombak.

The MM is L/58 which is the wartime stamp of M. Kutsch, Attendorn as well as the post-war stamp of R. Souval which has been poited out to me by another collector.

My opinion is that it is a great piece is great condition.

Comments welcome.

Stan
    Attached Files

An absolute beauty Stan, the nicest I have seen However I believe it a Souval

Nick
    Last edited by Stickgrenade; 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

RAD Gold

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
      An absolute beauty Stan, the nicest I have seen However I believe it a Souval

Nick
      Hi Nick,

So do you think this is a postwar Souval copy? I really don't because we all know what the quality of Souval pieces is like, both wartime and post war, and this one is a real beauty.

Also, remember that Souval NEVER made items in Buntmetall but this piece is (you can see traces on the edge where the gilt has worn away).

According to all the lists, L/58 was the wartime mark of Artur Joekel & Co. Gablonz. As Peter J has pointed out to me by email, M1/58 is not the same as L/58. My mistake.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Hi Nick,

So do you think this is a postwar Souval copy? I really don't because we all know what the quality of Souval pieces is like, both wartime and post war, and this one is a real beauty.

Also, remember that Souval NEVER made items in Buntmetall but this piece is (you can see traces on the edge where the gilt has worn away).

According to all the lists, L/58 was the wartime mark of Artur Joekel & Co. Gablonz. As Peter J has pointed out to me by email, M1/58 is not the same as L/58. My mistake.

Stan
        Hi Stan

I didnt know L/58 was the wartime mark of Artur Joekel , we live and learn

Nick

Comment

RAD Gold

Hi Nick,

Apparently the Angolia and Ailsby lists I was referring to were wrong and L/58 is indeed Souval's wartime (and postwar) mark.

I really find it difficult to believe that Souval produced quality like this either wartime or post war but it has his mark.

Stan

Comment

From the excellent article in the Summer 1997 issue of the Military Advisor by Gordon Williamson........

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

And I have a letter from Herr Ludwig Umlauf of the Rudolf Souval Firm dated 1971 stating that the code "L/58" was assigned to them during WW2.

Comment

RAD Gold

Just to let you know that I have now returned this gorgeous medal back to the dealer who sold it to me last week. Better safe than sorry.

Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X