Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurich CAB on e-stand

Gents,
    What is your opinion on Herman Aurich Coastal Artillery offered on e-stand here:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=523283
    ?
    Looks ok for the first sight but the more I look at it I am starting to have doubts about the finish, texture of the reverse and the way hinge is crimped?
    What do you say?
    Thanks in advance,
    Hubert

This is how 100% original badge should look like.
    H.
    Attached Files

Comment

And this is known Staegemeir's fake.
      Cheers,
      Hubert
      Attached Files

Comment

Agreed, this is a fake. Buyer and seller should be informed...

Daniel

Comment

Well spotted Hubert, and I can only agree that this one is a reproduction.

Nice original you have there

Tom
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Good work Hubert. I hope the buyer finds out about the thread.

John

Comment

Excellent work Hubert!
              Took the liberty to post here the picrures of the badge in the sales thread (the starter of the discussion), before we lose them!
              Attached Files

Comment

... and the last two...
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Guys, good to hear as I thought I was Staegemeir paranoid already
                  Cheers,
                  Hubert
                  Last edited by BubbaZ; 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being paranoid Hubert, it makes you highly aware of all around you. Nice spotting on the Staegemeir as well.

Comment

I thought it was a nice example when I saw it on the sales thread. A little too nice maybe.....
                      Great job spotting that fake.

Comment

KM Costal Art/badge

Thanks Tom for posting the thread

I am the buyer of it and I had just sent of the payment off, and then went to check out the discussion areas for some learning, and bang I saw your post The seller has apologized to me as he thought it was original! So he's been ripped off (I have had a few of these myself just like many other collectors these days) and I am just waiting for my refund.

And fdodge I agree with you I also though it was to good to be true as it was in good condition as most I have seen have the gold on the reef etc removed form ware and tear!

Thanks again

Comment

KM Costal Art/badge

Hi All,

I had to contact PayPal and now I may have to wait up to a month to get my money back I have been trying to find out why he can't just do a return of moneys It takes 30 seconds to do a refund with PayPal and nobody gets any fees charged to the seller and buyer! I have asked him to explain himself to me! I am a fare reasonable person to deal with, and if he had any problems you would think the seller would at lease would of informed me if he had problems? But all I am getting is him asking for my bank details so he can return my funds (that were in transit to his account so all they had to do was a quick refund? But no all he has said to me, his actual words;

"hello
                          i rechared my visa card and tried to make the payment but unsuccefully!
                          as result of your actuion my paypal funds are locked
                          now i have to restore the paypal account with a bank wire to paypal:after 2-3 days paypal'll advise me of funds available and so i'll make the payment
                          unfortunately bank in ialy are open from monday to friday so i can't reach my bank before next monday
                          let me known if you want to be refunded by bank wire and save some days
                          please be a little patient you'll have your money but this is the procedure"

What I've lost something here? I just can't understand why he is asking me again to send him my bank details as all he has to do is do a quick refund via PayPal?

Fellow members I just don't know why this seller is acting this way as I have sent him a number of message explaining him that all he needs to do is a quick refund, but as I have been burnt a few times now in the past 5 years (it hurts when your on a Military disability pension). I have now reported him to e-stand Administrator as I really think there is a real problem with this seller!

Lou

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X