EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austrian behind the counter pickup - Artillery Officer Schrimmuetze beauty - opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian behind the counter pickup - Artillery Officer Schrimmuetze beauty - opinions

Hi Guys,

picked up this beauty at a small antique shop in Austria today. Of course I had to ask if they had any WWII stuff for sale - and yes this is what they had in the backroom. I would like to see some thumbs up or down. If down, please state what you do not like. Thanks!

Cheers, Willem
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A nice original! Maybe the eagle is replaced.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,

I do not think the eagle has been replaced. If I peal the eagle borders back a little I can see the cap fabric beneath the eagle is darker. This eagle has been on this cap for a long time. Any particular reason why you think the eagle may have been replaced?

Cheers, W

Comment

Hi Willem, I wrote "maybe" because the light of your pictures make the eagle stick out little bit. Of course you have it in your hands so you are a better judge.

Comment

Hi Tony,

you are correct to a point. Your observation is correct when it comes to the borders of the insignia leaning forward a bit. This is due to the fact that the cap insignia is not attached at its borders but where the silver thread (the eagle itself) ends making the actual borders of the insignia lean forward somewhat. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Cheers, W

Comment

Roger that Willem, I think you're right.

Comment

Hi Guys, so far only a response from Tony - this is a bit disappointing (no disrespect to Tony your response was much appreciated). Can I please get some more thumbs up or down. THANKS. Cheers, Willem

Comment

Looks like a nice one looker to me

Good find,
                        Richard

Comment

Willem You have a 100% original cap

You can always check to see if there was once a metal wreath on it by looking at the pasteboard.

What's the waffenfarbe (Red) , hard for me to tell?

Matt

Comment

Thanks guys. Waffen Farbe is indeed red.

Comment

You have a cap with the top made of boiled wool. Not seen often and a lot of times with the crusher shape. Shame about the holes. I am not convinced that the insignia have always been on the cap. Here is a similar cap. Jacques
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X