Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCAF Flight Helmet

Gentlemen,

can I get your thoughts on this RCAF Flight Helmet? This is out of sphere of interest, so any information and ballpark price would be of great assistance.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

3/4
    Attached Files

Comment

Well collectors prefer the classic battle used B type and C type helmets with the earphones etc , these sorts of helmets training helmets or whatever dont make much dosh I would say £50 thats me being nice . However these are just my views it could be Douglas Baders helmet and be worth £6000 . Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
        Well collectors prefer the classic battle used B type and C type helmets with the earphones etc , these sorts of helmets training helmets or whatever dont make much dosh I would say £50 thats me being nice . However these are just my views it could be Douglas Baders helmet and be worth £6000 . Rob

Thanks for your view.

So is this for sure a training helmet?

Comment

No, could be an open cockpit navigators helmet could be anything . I am sure The Air Force folks will fill you in on what exactly it is . Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Heyyyy! Nice flight helmet! I have one the exact same. They're often referred to as the 2nd type RCAF flight helmet.....There was also a later version with the earcups and gosport tubes. These were worn in conjunction with the RCAF Guttar Percha rebreather oxy mask.....which required no metal snap fittings as it was held on the face by two straps, one around the back of the neck and one around the head.I like it, but they don't command too much money....now the masks on the other hand, zowwie they can be expensive!
            This pattern without the earcups was usually a training piece in Tiger Moths and Fleet Finch aircraft.....the Earcupped version resembling the Brit. patterns were worn with the oxy mask.....I've got a Coastal Command Pilot's helmet which is the zip type, and he used a GP mask.

Comment

Originally posted by LuftMike View Post
              Heyyyy! Nice flight helmet! I have one the exact same. They're often referred to as the 2nd type RCAF flight helmet.....There was also a later version with the earcups and gosport tubes. These were worn in conjunction with the RCAF Guttar Percha rebreather oxy mask.....which required no metal snap fittings as it was held on the face by two straps, one around the back of the neck and one around the head.I like it, but they don't command too much money....now the masks on the other hand, zowwie they can be expensive!
              This pattern without the earcups was usually a training piece in Tiger Moths and Fleet Finch aircraft.....the Earcupped version resembling the Brit. patterns were worn with the oxy mask.....I've got a Coastal Command Pilot's helmet which is the zip type, and he used a GP mask.

Great info, thanks.

Comment

FYI & to follow on to Mike's Reference re- the GP mask. Here's a pic of the GP Mask Mike was referring to and which has the juliet straps that would of been used with your canadian helmet. The Later GP Masks came out with a snap arrangement strap that could be used on a variety of flight helmets.

I have this GP mask on a very rare NZ tropical scull helmet which was extencively used by Kiwi pilots in the pacific. The other tropical helmet next to it was another very rare NZ tropical helmet that came in for a short time after the Scull helmet which took the later gp mask with the snaps and prior to being supplied the us AH15 helmets.

Greg
                Attached Files

Comment

Greg, Very nice setups! I don't yet have a GP mask, hope to one day though!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X