X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

born cup

Hello
    I have just found this cup on internet.
    The salesman explains that these a born cup the name and the first name of the child is above marked.
    The cup is 17 cms in height and 7 cms in diameter.
    I have never seen this kind of object, I show him(it) to you so that everybody takes advantage of it or so that a person says to me that these an invention ......

Cordially
    Laurent
    message makes with a translation software.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Odal and SS runes?,,,and SS runes from the Sports badge on top,,don't think so ,, but know one will ever know.. Pretty cool looking though..

What is the date etc. at bottom..

Comment

Beautiful cup, the woodwork is done with great care.

Comment

Cup looks good,top looks bogusly added ?Whats up Harry!

Comment

Pretty cool piece but I would stay clear of that one.

And it's erdarunes. Not odal.

Comment

Erdarunes?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Erdarunes?
              A odalrune with "feet" on it is called Erda. It's younger than those of the normal futhark.
              Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Ah yes - so that´s why Darré´s official publication of his Reichsnährstand was called "Odal" instead of "Erda", right?

Comment

Ah yes - so that´s why Darré´s official publication of his Reichsnährstand was called "Odal" instead of "Erda", right?
                  Your irony and/or sarcasm aside I'm quite sure it's because of odals etymologische meaning wich is deeper. Erda, that Erde is derived from, is however well documented from medieval times by just that name. I am actually surprised that you of all people would question this on the forum.
                  Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-17-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

No problem - I am always willing to learn.

So where do we find among the employees of the Reichsnährstand or Ahnenerbe this definition in regards - for example - the well-known Erbhof sign?

And apart from that: even if you or anybody else could provide us with historical docs regarding this matter (Odal or Erda) - did that have an influence to the officials like Darré for example?

What I mean is:

If for example Darré personally sticked to the term "Odal" instead of "Erda" due to whatever reasons and then an intellectual under his command comes along and says:

"Nono, my Obergruppenführer, you are wrong, it must be named Erda instead of Odal."

Who do you think would have made the race?

Comment

No problem - I am always willing to learn.

So where do we find among the employees of the Reichsnährstand or Ahnenerbe this definition in regards - for example - the well-known Erbhof sign?

And apart from that: even if you or anybody else could provide us with historical docs regarding this matter (Odal or Erda) - did that have an influence to the officials like Darré for example?

What I mean is:

If for example Darré personally sticked to the term "Odal" instead of "Erda" due to whatever reasons and then an intellectual under his command comes along and says:

"Nono, my Obergruppenführer, you are wrong, it must be named Erda instead of Odal."

Who do you think would have made the race?
                      I haven't come across any official writing on the subject as far as the Reichsnärstand or SS is concerned but in period books by the likes of XX & co. and earlier by von List for example it is discussed.

I am quite sure that Darré made the distinction on at least a personal level but that is of course pure speculation on my part.
                      Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: Sorry, not Wüst. I need to check my bookshelfs before inserting a new name where XX is now.

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Now I would really like to see a shot from the opposite site of this cup!

Comment

Please remove post. I'll take my finding and theory on odal contra erda in the cultural thread.
                          Last edited by Minnesinger; 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

...more pictures??!!!

Laurent
                            any chance you have other pictures of the side & lower part of this cup?
                            ~maestro

Comment

Cup

SOMEONE needs a hug.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X