Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Wünsche letter + Rudolf Von Ribbentrop Sig - Opinions Required

Hi all,

I have been offered these items from a WAF member and as with all potential purchases, I would like to get some opinions first. (I also posted this in the photos and paper items forum).

One is this post-war letter from Max Wünsche on his personalised stationery - I would appreciate some comments on the signature - original? and if so what is it worth in todays market (i.e. not on a photograph etc...)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Second up is this signed photo by Rudolf Von Ribbentrop. Would also like opinions as to its authenticity.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have no doubt about the authenticity of Wünsche´s letter - interesting content refering to a piece of art as well.

Regarding the second piece: looks good as well but I might be wrong since I am not a paperboy.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Many thanks Thorsten,

Can you understand all of the writing? I am not fluent in German - although I doubt I could decipher his hand writing in any case.

I will have to get this one fully translated. More comments welcome

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      I have no doubt about the authenticity of Wünsche´s letter - interesting content refering to a piece of art as well.

Regarding the second piece: looks good as well but I might be wrong since I am not a paperboy.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Here is the german text:

"Max Wünsche München, 14.07.87

Dear Dr. M. T. Jonas,

Dank für Ihren Brief und die Übersendung der Plastik von M. Wittmann. Da Wi.
        ein Zögling von mir ist, der schon im Winter 1943 als Sturmgeschützmann in
        Russland mit mir kämpfte, freue ich mich ganz besonders darüber.
        Sie haben damit nicht nur Freude bereitet, sondern auch eine künstlerische
        Leistung vollbracht; dafür nochmals Danke; auch im Namen der Kameraden, die noch leben, denen ich sowohl den Panzer, als auch die Plastik zeigen werde.
        Auch würde es sehr freuen, wenn wir uns einmal begegnen würden.
        Ich habe nämlich unter meinen 5 Söhnen, einen Zahnarzt, der sich auch über seinen
        Kollegen freuen würde.
        Für heute sage ich nochmals herzlichen Dank und grüße Sie vielmals,
        als Ihr Freund M. Wünsche

ehemal. Kdr. Pz. Rgt. 12

Comment

The translation:

Max Wünsche Munich, 14.07.87

Dear Dr. M. T. Jonas,

Thank You for your letter and the delivery of the sculpture of M. Wittmann.
          Since Wi. is a disciple (learner) of mine who already fought in winter 1943 as an assault gunner
          in Russia at my side, I am really delighted about it.
          Not only have you given pleasure to me but also accomplished an artistic effort (work); therefore
          thank you again; also in the names of those comrades who are still alive, to whom I will show the tank as well as the sculpture.
          I would also be delighted if we could meet each other one day.
          Namely I have among my 5 sons, one dentist, who would also be pleased about one of his colleagues.
          For today I say thank you again and greet You many times as your friend

M. Wünsche

Ex-commander Tank-regiment 12

Comment

So if I were you I would get that personal document.

Comment

Ribbentrop's pic is post war. Whether or not it is his original signature is anybody's guess. I would not go overboard on it. If it is an original post war signature - never more than 100 USD and only if Ribbentrop is your all time hero. If not, I would leave it or pay no more than 30 Euro's for it. That way you can probably always sell it. The letter on the other hand is probably authentic but also post war. Not a lot of money in that. If Wuensche however is your all time hero, and going by your avatar he is, sure you can pay up to 50 Euro's for it. All said and done I would however keep the money in your pocket and wait to buy some better items because if you come accross those than usually you reget getting stuff that was not so hot to begin with as you then need every cent to buy the good stuff.

Comment

Yes the signatures are original even if they are post war signed . I have many photos and books signed by both these men . A post war signed photo of Rudolf v Ribbentrop today can make up to 50 euro and usually a signed photo of Max Wunsche who also won the Oakleaves to the Knights Cross can make up to 100 euro and please bear in mind that the prices can be higher if the person has passed away . Hope this is of help .

Comment

Thankyou to kaiserwilhelm2, Schnellmeyer and Thorsten again for the translation.

Many thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X