Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 2 Km Badges-Destroyer and Coastal Artillery

Hello folks,
    I have these two badges and could you help me with the makers.

Thank You,
    Jody

1st up the Destroyer:
    Attached Files

Coastal Artillery

Hest up the Coastal:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jody,

i will have to search my files in regards to the Destroyer.

The CA badge looks like a Steinhauer & Luck award.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

L/56

Hi Jody
        The destroyer kind of reminds me of a L/56 set-up?

Just my thoughts
        Steve

Comment

Hi Guys,

Yes, similar to the L/56 setup but besides Lüdenscheid this complete setup was also used in Berlin. Pretty good match to the setup on Juncker zincers and most Juncker badges are unmarked. Doesn't match any of the known Destroyer badges, so of course the question is why only one and why now?

Do you have closeups of the catch and hinge block, open and closed? And views of the edges?

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys,
            Thank you. These badges do not belong to me. They belong to a dear friend of mine. He was visiting me today and these were two badges in which I could not identify the maker. So I scanned them and placed them on the forum. He returned home with them.

I can say this, the destroyers badge was obtained around 1972. I am 46 years old and I have known this man since I was 14 years old and he had these badges when I first met him (that was back in 1978).

My friend also thought this badge was a Juncker.

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
              Hi Guys,
              Pretty good match to the setup on Juncker zincers and most Juncker badges are unmarked. Doesn't match any of the known Destroyer badges, so of course the question is why only one and why now?

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              No wonder i could not find a match for this one in my files?

If this a zinc Juncker then it is a first for me and i did not know they existed until now?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I am amused, it's unlike Juncker to produce a badge only in zinc and no tombak variant exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kondor View Post
                  ...it's unlike Juncker to produce a badge only in zinc and no tombak variant exist.
                  That's a good point...remains a mystery.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Hi guys,

I too think that Destroyer stands a good chance of being a Juncker. Seeing the double scrape on the pin near the hinge immediately made me think Juncker, something I think we have seen on other Kriegs Juncker badges, although I cannot find any in my files at the moment.

Tom
                    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Here's another zinc Juncker with this setup, this time the U-boat. Mind you it does seem like the flat wire catches on all the Junckers are slightly narrower than the one on the Destroyer?

It does seem unusual that Juncker would make the U-boat, Minesweeper, Coastal Artillery and yet not the Destroyer? But where are they all?

Best regards,
                      ---Norm
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hold the presses. Something just twigged in my memory. Jens posted the tombak equivalent of this badge in this thread in September, 2010 and at that time it struck me that stylistically the eagle was evocative of Juncker!

We've now seen 2 examples of this badge within 6 months, one tombak and one zinc. The plot thickens.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Attached Files

Comment

Side by side, despite some differences in hand finishing, I think it's clear they're from the same tooling.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice detective work Norm, I think you have a good point about Juncker and they do seem to be a very good match IMO.

Tom
                            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

That's great Norm! Now please find a Juncker HSF!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X