Fallschirmschützenschein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmschützenschein

Found that Fallschirmschützenschein in my postbox today...

I like it ... especially the picture ...

Does someone know the Hauptmann u. Abt. Fhr who singned on the back ?

regards
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Heeresspringer View Post
    I like it ... especially the picture ...
    Great detailed shot of a M38 smock modified in "EbenEmael-style". Maybee he took part in the assault?

Comment

Looks like Göttsche.

Could it be?

Hauptmann Bodo Göttsche
      Kommandeur Fallschirm-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 12
      1.1.1945 Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Would fit to Abteilungskommandeur ...

Thanks !

Comment

Here's a little more that I can find on him:

20.5.1941 Stab/1.Luftlande Sturm Regiment
          Nachrichtenoffzier Oberleutnant Bodo Göttsche

Jan. 1944 - 1.2.1944 Kdr. Fallschirmjäger Regiment 9

Hauptmann Bodo Göttsche
          Born 28.02.1919 in Itzehoe. Died as a result of wounds 11.8.1944 on transport to Hauptverbandsplatz 31 in Chateau les Haies
          He is burried in the War Cemetry in Champigny-St. Andre, France, Block 4 Row 6 Grave 595.

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Incidentally, the stamp does not go over the photo so the photo has been replaced. The rank fits but there is no guarantee it is actually him....unless you know different?

/Ian

Comment

Sorry for the question but is it normal that the DKiG is awarded almost 5 months after his death? Usually posthumous awards were given much quicker..

Comment

The document is for a member of Horst Wessel Geschwader, so IMO the photo of a Fallschirmjäger has been added to increase the value.

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                  The document is for a member of Horst Wessel Geschwader, so IMO the photo of a Fallschirmjäger has been added to increase the value.
                  The date and unit shown on the front top are the date and initial unit he belonged to when he joined the Wehrmacht.
                  The license was issued in 1944 so his current unit and date would be on the bottom of the license.
                  The photo should be really be current at the time.....what his initial unit was has no bearing on what photo is on the license. He was a para by the time the license was issued and would have of course completed his jump training.

However as stated may or may not be him.

/Ian

Comment

Ian, if the stamp went over the photograph then I would believe it to be genuine, however with the ink covering vital parts it is not one I would be happy with.

Comment

As the rank stated matches the rank on the foto, I guess he removed an older foto with lower rank, and added that foto by himself. Have seen this acting before.

Comment

Very possible Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                          Ian, if the stamp went over the photograph then I would believe it to be genuine, however with the ink covering vital parts it is not one I would be happy with.
                          Me too as that is what I said, however that is not how you worded it......

Yes, unless there is edividence from another ID then unfortunately there is no proof who the person is on the license.
                          It is not uncommon for photos to be replaced but officially....also at the end of the war, photos were removed in some PoW camps and used on internee records.....again as mentioned the original owner could have put a photo of himself on.....of course at the time he would not be thinking of paper collectors!

Or of course it is someone else and a dealer did it

Shame as it is a nice photo!

/Ian

Comment

To clear some of the fog .. the licence came direct from the family ...

I didn´t pay for it, so there was no dealer between ...

All i know is the licence was found in a wallet after a washingmachine torture ...

that is why it looks so ... I think the soldier himself changed the photo ... If in wartime or postwar we will never know...

I DONT WANT TO SELL IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                              Great detailed shot of a M38 smock modified in "EbenEmael-style". Maybe he took part in the assault?
                              My thoughts as well. Excellent Schein!
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X