X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book - Luftwaffe & Heer Paratrooper Badges of WW2

Hi guys,
    <o></o>
    I am happy to report that the Paratrooper Badge book is finally being printed as we speak and is scheduled to be ready on February 15th. Barring any delays in shipping, I should have the books in my hands by then and can start shipping them out to collectors. <o></o>

This is the most comprehensive and detailed book yet written about the German Luftwaffe and Heer Paratrooper Badges of WW2. I made an effort to show EVERY variant of badge I could find, even if the difference was as small as a slightly different catch or hinge or even rivet style. This completeness surely led to the enormous size of the book for such a narrow topic, 624 pages in total. I also wanted to be sure the pictures were as big as possible so that collectors could identify and learn to recognize even the smallest details on each badge’s obverse, so I went with a slightly larger book format than my previous CCC book (size is 8“ x 10“). This larger size allowed for bigger pictures as well as more room for descriptive text and you guys will absolutely love the results <o></o>

I am attaching the Table of Contents for you guys to see what all is included, and will follow with some sample pages from the book to wet your appetite. In detail, the book will cover:<o></o>
    <o></o>
    - 4 page spread on each and every Luftwaffe and Heer Paratrooper Badge variant from each and every maker<o></o>

- Precise measurements and data for each badge<o></o>

- Indepth study of Award Regulations & Badge Construction<o></o>

- Award Cases (20 unique types shown)<o></o>

- Cloth badges (both Luftaffe & Heer)

- Award Documents (both Luftwaffe & Heer)<o></o>

- 1957 Badges (both Luftwaffe & Heer)<o></o>

- Miniatures<o></o>

- Most dangerous Reproductions encountered <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Now that the book is officially at the printers and will be ready in a few weeks, I wanted to begin the sales and pre-orders. This 624 page book will weight about 5 pounds, so to keep shipping costs as cheap as possible I have partnered up with the good folks over at Militaria-Berlin:
    <o></o>
    www.militaria-berlin.de
    <o></o>
    I have sent them half the books and European collectors should purchase the book from them to save on shipping costs.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    The other half of the books will be sold directly by me here in the US. If European collectors want to still buy the book directly from me, that is ofcourse fine, especially if they want one of their books signed by me or if they want a “Limited Edition“ copy.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I am printing 100 Limited Edition copies of the book. These are serialized 1 thru 100 and each will be signed and personalized to each buyer. The prices are as follows:<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Regular Book Price = $149 + S&H<o></o>
    Limited Edition Price = $159 + S&H<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Association Members of the WAF forum will receive a 5% discount. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Contributors to the Book will receive a 10% discount<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Anyone can pre-order the book right now, and I would like to offer a 20% discount to those of you that pay upfront. Just shoot me an email if you would like to do this, and your zip code and I will calculate the postage and total: tmdurante@gmail.com<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I will accept checks, money orders, cash and paypal. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    I am extremely proud of how this book has taken shape over the past 3 years and would like to thank the many contributors from all around the world who have helped me along the way and whose badges are featured in the book. It is only thanks to you guys and all the time and support you gave me that this publication was possible. It was my goal to provide the most accurate and complete work on the Luftwaffe & Heer Paratrooper Badges that will stand the test of time. I know those of you who share my passion for Luftwaffe Badges will really enjoy this book.

Thanks guys

Tom<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomas Durante; 01-06-2011, 03:32 PM.
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Some sample pages to follow. Each maker chapter begins with a brief history of the maker and a chart of each of their variants. This chart is organized from the earliest, prewar variant and progresses through each subsequent variant to the end of the war. The chart includes all the necessary dimensions, weight and what is magnetic on the badge. Everything a variant badge collector could want
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Congratulations Tom!!!!!

Can't wait to have it!

Comment

Each badge variant then is introduced in a full, 4 page layout. The pictures are nice and big, allowing collectors to sit their badges right next to the pictures in the book to compare even the smallest details.
        Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The Heer badges are laid out in the same fashion.
          Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

All the major cloth badge variants are covered as well as the 1957 badges in detail.
            Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

All award case variants and all document types (both Luftwaffe & Heer) are presented in large format as well.
              Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

And finally miniatures and all of the most commonly encountered, and dangerous fakes that exist in our hobby today. Many of the fakes presented will detail some tips on how to identify them easily.

Thats it guys. Thanks again for all the support and really hope you guys enjoy the book

Tom
                Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Tom

Take a well earned rest !!

Congrats on completing it

It looks a fantastic read and reference

cheers
                  Graeme

Comment

Congratulations Tom!
                    We are all very excited about receiving it!
                    You should feel very proud!!
                    Greg

Comment

Now we are talking I cannot wait to get my copy.

Comment

Awesome Tom look very nice book

Seb
                        The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                        Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
                        www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

FINALLY! Dude, what a great accomplishment! And that Heer section looks SWEET!

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.
                            I can only imagine the work involved. A huge project.

Comment

Great job dude! It has been a long time coming but knowing your previous work it will be well worth the wait. Will you be selling the cliffs notes separately?

I am sure the Heer section is going to be a little drab...but nothings perfect.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X