Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat by R.K.

Hello, my friends!!!

Today I´ve got this U-Boat badge with mm R.K.

What do you think about this badge????

I know that there was a few years ago a similar badge for discussion.

I did not find the old thread, but I can remember that there was a little confusion about real or fake badge.

I think it´s a good unique badge which went from hand to hand.

So, please tell me your opinions.

Regards

Thomas
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Referenced Torpedo Los by Gordon and the front of your badge looks textbook. Usually the catches are a simple wire twist but late war examples were integral. I personally haven't seen a late war RK so maybe someone with hands on could comment. MM looks ok also.

Comment

Hi sorry to say but in my opinion that is not an original RK. There are a few thing that concern me

Comment

This is a Staegemeir fake in my opinion.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
              This is a Staegemeir fake in my opinion.

Tom

Hi Tom that was my thoughts as well.

Comment

Hello!!!

Thanks for your opinions. This is a bad start for me into the new year.

I would like to now, what you think is bad at this badge. In my opinion looks the front and the hardware o.k. to me.

I don´t have the book "Torpedo los " and in Sascha Webers book about Kriegsmarine badges, is nothing written about this late war R.K. badge.

Does anybody has a picture to compare this badge???

That´s would be great.

Regards

Thomas

Comment

Yes, no doubt a Staegemeir fake.
                  I have ever bought a same one but unfortunately I didn't leave a pic,
                  the most obvious mark of this common fake is the flaws on the reverse side,
                  they are from the fake die and appear in same position.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi the two idents are obvious signs as indicated, also the metal looks wrong more clearly from the side view.What looks like Small pot holes to the eagle and file marks to the rim are not good signs. MM is also close but not right. Sorry but would not be one I would like, hope you have an option to take it back as these are not cheap. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by mrg View Post
                      Hi the two idents are obvious signs as indicated, also the metal looks wrong more clearly from the side view.What looks like Small pot holes to the eagle and file marks to the rim are not good signs. MM is also close but not right. Sorry but would not be one I would like, hope you have an option to take it back as these are not cheap. All the best
                      Yes, we have seen this before.

John
                      Attached Files

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=RK+pattern

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=RK+u-boat
                        Last edited by John R.; 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geyuserrectus View Post

I would like to now, what you think is bad at this badge. In my opinion looks the front and the hardware o.k. to me.

I don´t have the book "Torpedo los " and in Sascha Webers book about Kriegsmarine badges, is nothing written about this late war R.K. badge.

Does anybody has a picture to compare this badge???

That´s would be great.

Regards

Thomas
                          Yes we do. Just type in RK U-boat, RK Uboat and RK Uboot in the search function at the top right. Just one at a time, not all three of course. You will be able to see what you are looking for and learn how to use the research already provided over the years on this forum.

Collectors describe them differently unfortunately, so you need to enter into the search function various possibilities to find most of the threads that apply.

John

Comment

Hi Thomas,

The book "Torpedo Los!" page 175 indicates the makers logo RK within a circular border is usually in low relief. It looks like the logo on your medal is in sharp high relief. In addition, The Karneth badge features an integrally cast hinge block with a simple "wrap around" needle pin and a round wire retaining clip staked in a circular locating point. Later medals had an integrally cast clip.

The book does not have an example of the cast clip. However, the medal shown does not have the casting defects on the back side. I hope this information helps...

Regards,
                            Don_

Comment

Hi Don, Torpedo Los is not all inclusive as the author would admit. It is the best book out there and should by now be in any collector's library. Unfortunately, it is out of print.

The main issue here I think is what has shown up on the fakers' websites and how those badges compare with ones we, as a collecting community, accept as original.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X