Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Pattern S-boot by Moritz Hausch

Hello folks,
    Gentry and I would like to post the following 1st pattern S-boot. Is this the S-boot by Moritz Hausch that eluded us for our article? What do you folks think? It looks like it is based on the Schwerin design and make.

Opinions please. This is one to add to your files and proof that after all of these years of collecting Gentry and I still have not seen all the variatins of KM badges.

Regards,
    Jody
    Attached Files

S-boot

Maker mark:
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice i havent seen this before

Andy

Comment

Hello Jody
        First one I have seen as well,a good looking badge .
        Regards
        Michael

Comment

I want to give full credit where it is due: Jody (not me!) obtained these photos and it is great that he is able to show them here.

As Jody and I mentioned in our article, Gordon Williamson had photos, but (quite naturally!) could not share them in advance of the publication of his new book. These are from another source and confirm everything Gordon was able to tell us about this badge.

Certainly looks like the Schwerin pattern and one has to wonder if Hausch actually made it or simply marked it as a distributor. In any case, it's a pleasure to see it here on the Forum!

What else may be out there???

Comment

S-boot

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
            I want to give full credit where it is due: Jody (not me!) obtained these photos and it is great that he is able to show them here.

As Jody and I mentioned in our article, Gordon Williamson had photos, but (quite naturally!) could not share them in advance of the publication of his new book. These are from another source and confirm everything Gordon was able to tell us about this badge.

Certainly looks like the Schwerin pattern and one has to wonder if Hausch actually made it or simply marked it as a distributor. In any case, it's a pleasure to see it here on the Forum!

What else may be out there???
            Hello Gentry,
            Thank you for the kind words. It really bugged me that photos of this badge eluded us for the article and I wanted to find an example.

Sadly, this badge does not belong to me but I thanked the individual in private for giving us permission to post it.

I hope folks copy off images of this badge and add them to the article that Gentry and I put together. I now feel our work on the subject of the S-boot is near complete.

Regards,
            Jody

More images:
            Attached Files

Comment

MH S-boot

More badges:
              Attached Files

Comment

MH S-boot

Some more images:
                Attached Files

Comment

MH S-boot

Side view:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Jody,
                    Thank you for sharing this information with us and especially the excellent photos. Now I just have to find one!
                    Mike

Comment

I have to say THAKS !

Thanks to Jody and all the other guys who have contributed to state this badge original .

For my side I'm very glad to discovered a new tipe of E-Boot 1° Pattern and hope many other will come out.

I'm very huppy also to be the owner of this badge

I'm sad only to discovered this too late to be published in the new book of Gordon.
                      I hope that Jody or someone else will be in time to do so.

All the best to everybody and thanks again
                      Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                        I have to say THAKS !

Thanks to Jody and all the other guys who have contributed to state this badge original .

For my side I'm very glad to discovered a new tipe of E-Boot 1° Pattern and hope many other will come out.

I'm very huppy also to be the owner of this badge

I'm sad only to discovered this too late to be published in the new book of Gordon.
                        I hope that Jody or someone else will be in time to do so.

All the best to everybody and thanks again
                        Carlo

Hi Carlo,
                        Gentry and I want to thank you for letting us post it. This badge is very rare and the first any of us have seen.

Enjoy the badge, and I got as much joy discovering photos of a real badge by Moritz Hausch as owning it.

Once again-thank you and this helps out the small community of KM badge collectors too. It now gives us all something to look for.

You're Friend,
                        Jody

Comment

Gordon Williamson has said on another forum today that this one is a fake (see the "blob" next to, and to the left, of the bottom of the hinge). Because Gordon is the only person I know (other than Detlev Niemann) who has apparently had the chance to see what he regards as a real one by Hausch "in the flesh", and neither Jody nor I have, I am personally perfectly willing to defer to his thoughts at this time. Hopefully we will learn more about these mysterious Hausch badges, which are so rarely encountered (at least so far) by collectors and no example of which was available for us to look at when we wrote the article.

Does anyone out there have an example to share?

Comment

Jody and I had a long discussion about this badge last night and Jody had been discussing it at length with other members. At this point, Gordon Williamson on another forum has pointed out that Detlev had this exact same badge in the Detlev catalog as a fake, to include the "blob" on the reverse.

I have attached the Detlev example and this one to compare.

There is also separation at the seam of this badge, although I am not sure this is necessarily an indication this is a fake, it is not good to see on any badge.

Hopefully we can discuss this a bit more.

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello ,this is the post I've replied in GCA:

Hi I'm the new owner of this badge.
                              If you look carefully to the Detlev's fake you can recognize it's the same badge.I pointed in red the matchin point.I asked to the old owner if he had sent it to Nieman for a COA ,he said "yes",but he was not conviced of his reply.Niemann put it in the fake gallery.
                              He proposed it to me ,and the badge was very convincing ,so I asked to Jody Beltram what he thought about.He with Gentry stated it's agood one.
                              I have to do a question to all:
                              If it's a fake becose there are not many of this ?
                              Why the only "fake" and "original" it's the only one knowvn?
                              I'm not expert in tis field but I would like to see some more "fake" or "original" ,or have a reply saing why it's a fake.
                              Thanks
                              Carlo
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by solo; 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X