HJ Badge for Distinguished Foreigner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Badge for Distinguished Foreigner

Not the best photos, but does this one look original?

Tom
    Attached Files

HJ Badge for Distinguished Foreigners

Tom,

This one is a fake.

Stan

Comment

This badge was only with the brownish colored outer rim.
      Despite argument to the contrary.
      Seiler.

Comment

Thanks guys, I suspected as much.

Tom

Comment

Made in England during the 1960s, these are reproductions. Can be seen mounted on a card supposedly from the manufacturer in three colors: red, green and brown. Only the brown ones are originals and are unmarked, but the pin plate differs from the reproductions slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
            Made in England during the 1960s, these are reproductions. Can be seen mounted on a card supposedly from the manufacturer in three colors: red, green and brown. Only the brown ones are originals and are unmarked, but the pin plate differs from the reproductions slightly.
            Ron, please provide some evidence to support your opinion.

Comment

Check previous posts - these fakes and their origins have been discussed at length.

Comment

I have a 1978 auction catalog of Graf Klenau of Munich, & on page 63 is shown a picture of the 3 badges on the manufacturer's card. The ad reads: 3 Prototypen des Ehrenzeichens der Reichsjugendführung für verdiente Ausländer. Littlejohn/Dodkins S. 102. Betriebsmuster der Firma Aurich in Dresden in den Ausführungen grün, rot und braun, jedoch immer in silberner Schrift. Wie Klietmann in 'Deutsche Auszeichnungen' page 268 schreibt, sinz Zeit und nähere Umstände der Stiftung unbekannt, die einzige bekannte Veröffentlichung des Ehrenzeichens fand im Herbst 1941 statt. Nur wenige Exemplare bekannt. Translation needed.
                I have no idea if the 3 badges offered on the maker's card are original or not. I am not able to post pictures but can send a pic of the page by email to someone who can post pics.

Comment

HJ Foreigner's Badge

Here is an original that I bought directly from a US Veteran in the 1980s
                  Attached Files

Comment

Note the differences in the eagle, diamond and pin plate. Once you see an original, the repro looks almost crude IMO.

Comment

Thanks for showing a good example of this scarce HJ badge Ron. One of three I've seen that I feel are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                        Note the differences in the eagle, diamond and pin plate. Once you see an original, the repro looks almost crude IMO.
                        How right you are!

The repro looks like crap compared to yours. Thanks for showing it

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X