• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Type Case for EK II???

[ATTACH]1577163[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1577164[/ATTACH]

Hi guys!
    When I posted my cased Juncker EK II on the Crosses table, a question was asked if this type case was a presentation case? The only reference I could find was in Williamson's book The Iron Cross that it's a private purchase case.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Greg
    DSCN8198.jpg

DSCN8201.jpg

Comment

It's a very nice case, Greg!

Can we hear a bit of discussion about it from the caseheads? Opinions, anyone?
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Any ideas guys?
        Thanks!!!
        Greg

Comment

When a friend bought one 10+ years ago at a dealer, the latter told us those cased EKII´s were handed out to relatives of KIA solderis, who received the EK posthumesly. No idea if thats correct

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
            When a friend bought one 10+ years ago at a dealer, the latter told us those cased EKII´s were handed out to relatives of KIA solderis, who received the EK posthumesly. No idea if thats correct
            Thanks! At the very least it makes sense. I've seen 3 or 4 different style/color RK type EK II cases.
            Appreciate it!
            Greg

Comment

I do believe that the 'RK' type case for the EK11 is a period type case, private purchase? Maybe.

However, because of the style of the RK case I would suggest that they are special award type cases, for special recipients possibly?

However I have also seen many RK type EK11 cases that are fake cases.

Allan
              Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
              Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Thanks Allan! I think best said that for period EK II "RK" type cases they were for "some" special pupose, either pp or award.
                Appreciate it!
                Greg

Comment

Very interesting idea that this type could have been issued to families of KIA recipients.

Allan, thank you for your reply. I have had this case in my hands, and it is a period WWII case. Have you saved photos of any of the fake ones? Also, don't you have one of these yourself?
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Comment

I would love to see examples of both authentic & repos of the "RK" style cases. There's one listed for sale on Craig's site now with a purple colored insert that I have seen other examples of awhile back.
                    Thanks!
                    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                      Very interesting idea that this type could have been issued to families of KIA recipients.

Allan, thank you for your reply. I have had this case in my hands, and it is a period WWII case. Have you saved photos of any of the fake ones? Also, don't you have one of these yourself?
                      Yes, I have a couple of RK type cases for EK11.

I will try and post some photos.

Allan
                      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

I think the case on Craig Gottlieb's site stands a chance of being a good private purchase case, but it's the kind of thing you really have to have in your hands to know for sure. Also, while I have seen a few cases like yours, Greg (I think Allan here has one virtually identical, and a friend of mine here in NYC owns another one), I have never seen another like the one Craig is selling. Doesn't mean too much, and could be a good sign -- but I wouldn't trust that case 100% without holding it.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

If anyone else has any of these "RK" type EKII cases would you please post them?
                          Thanks!
                          Greg

Comment

Hi Gents,

I've checked Craig's EKII case, and the jeweller (Ernst Reincke) was in business between 1912 and the 1930's - too early for a 1939 EK. He could have made the case for a 1914 EK, though.....but the case and fitments seem a little fresh for that period.

As for a memorial cased piece, I've spotted a recently sold one on Barry Turk's site. It's a KIA, complete with a 1914 EKII inletted into the case lid, and also a piece within. Quite nice. I'll see if I can get a pic for you......

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

Let's try this............
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X