Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several Badges - Need Opinions Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Badges - Need Opinions Please...

What do all of you experts think of these 4 badges I'm looking to purchase?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

1, good but setup totally repaired

2. fake

3. good

4. fake

Comment

Like Patrick said, the minesweeper is good -- a zinc Steinhauer & Lück.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

The FO HK is good,as mentioned it has a repaired hinge and catch.

The hollowback back Destroyer is a fake.We know of no maker that produced hollowback Destroyers during the war.

As mentioned by Norm, the Minesweeper is good and is a probable St&L piece.

The U-Boat is an old and well discussed fake.Frank and Reif did not produce U-Boat badges.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Agree wih the rest of you guys.

Must admit however that when I see a pin like the one on the minesweeper it always makes me think L/21 Foerster & Barth but maybe that's just me?

Comment

The minesweeper in my opinion is a F&B

Comment

Hi Guys,

The mis-attribution of these to F&B based on the similar pin is the old thinking. Check out the previous thread here. Also this thread. This was one of the setups used by S&L as well.

F&B's minesweeper has different outlines and the pin on it is non-ferrous (doesn't attract to a magnet). You can see a marked F&B example here. And a typical late war unmarked F&B here.

The pin on S&L's is ferrous (attracts to magnet). These minesweepers have appeared on the late war Lüdenscheid sample boards, and have the same reverse wreath flaw found on S&L's '57 versions which were made from modifications of the wartime dies.

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Norm F; 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hi Norm, thanks for the info. So are you saying you think the Minesweeper badge is a fake? I'm not sure what you're trying to convey.

Comment

Hi Dzyner,

No, your minesweeper isn't a fake - it's a genuine S&L zinc minesweeper from Lüdenscheid; it's just not made by F&B (Förster & Barth) in Pforzheim as people used to think.

Cheers.
                  ---Norm

Comment

We are recommending that if you wish to buy any of these badges to pass on all but the minesweeper.

I would also recommend you ask for advice on the price of this minesweeper before you buy it. In other words, how much is the asking price and we can let you know if it is fair or not.

John

Comment

John, the seller is offering the Minesweeper badge for $65. Is that a good price?

Comment

Badges

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                        John, the seller is offering the Minesweeper badge for $65. Is that a good price?

Hello,
                        $65 is a fair price for the Minesweeper. As the others have said the Aux Cruiser is heavily repaired and has lost most of it's collector value and the other two are well known old fakes.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Yes, a fair price for a period badge.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X