British Airborne Beret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Airborne Beret

Heres my 1945 Kangol Wear Airborne Beret, Unfortunately the badge is not original to the beret as it seems someone has sewn the Parachute regiment badge to the beret but still looks like an original one so i have left it as it is. It also has a name tag that has been ripped out
    Hope you like it.

I like it beaucoup beaucoup!

Comment

I like it too, very nice.

Comment

Textbook example!

Luc

Comment

Lovely!! Great example

Regards
          Irv

Comment

A little help please

Sorry for bringing this old thread back up but i think i may have an infestation of moth eggs in my beret, if you look on picture 3 you can just about see the little white patch, i would like some advice on how to get rid of them. Has anyone put there beret in the freezer, i am a little worried as the leather is cracked in places and i don't want to make it any worse, any comments are welcome Also this has been there about 1 1/2 years since i bought it but heard they can last for up to 4 years until they turn into larvae ?

Comment

I put a couple of WW1 german peaked caps in the freezer as soon as I got them
              They both had leather peaks and there was no damage after they came out. I hope that helps.

Regards
              Irv

Comment

I have heard of guys putting leather Jerkins in the freezer with no problem.But PM Paul R in the conservation section,he can help you.

Comment

I toss everything that has wool in the freezer.
                  From badges to jerkins, trousers, boots, headgear, you name it.
                  But before i do that i first use the vacuum cleaner with a brush to get the worst out if any is present.
                  Especially the eggs.
                  They are hard to kill in a freezer.

Wrap it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer.
                  Just leave it in for about a week, get it out for a day or 2 and put it back in for a week.
                  The first week the moths will go in to hibernation mode.
                  When getting out they will start to warm up and get back to live so to speak.
                  The second time they will freeze and die.
                  Should be clean then.
                  Last edited by Haplo; 07-26-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

P

Plastic resealable bag ... in the freezer for 2 weeks, should do the trick.

Gary J.

Comment

Nice looking beret!

Thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X