This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Spanish volunteer militaria.

For those of you that are interested in the history of the Spanish volunteers that served in WWII, whether in the Heer, Luftwaffe, Kreigsmarine or Waffen SS, I invite you to share your memorabilia with us in this post:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Allan P.; 11-22-2012, 12:15 PM.

I will start with the few things I have of the Unit:

Heer:

A rare Blue Division Relic helmet:

Luftwaffe:

Waffen SS

Take your atention to the Legions Spanish Civil war Pin:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Allan P.; 11-22-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Your War Merit Cross w/Crossed Swords has the wrong ribbon on it. It has the ribbon for the round War Merit Medal. As original ribbons for the War Merit Cross are quite common, you might want to replace the wrong ribbon with the correct ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Silesien View Post
        Your War Merit Cross w/Crossed Swords has the wrong ribbon on it. It has the ribbon for the round War Merit Medal. As original ribbons for the War Merit Cross are quite common, you might want to replace the wrong ribbon with the correct ribbon.
        I have both medals, maybe I swiched the ribbons when I was akid and dont remember, I will correct that right away

Comment

Jaime

Impressive collection

I am not knowledgable on Spanish items so what is the red cross with ribbon on the front of the tunic please?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
            Jaime

Impressive collection

I am not knowledgable on Spanish items so what is the red cross with ribbon on the front of the tunic please?

Nick
            That is the: Cruz Roja al Merito Militar, it would mean the Red Cross for Military Merit, the spanish equivalent to an iron corss

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime Sadurni View Post
              That is the: Cruz Roja al Merito Militar, it would mean the Red Cross for Military Merit, the spanish equivalent to an iron corss
              Cool! While I am here what is the badge to the right of it and what is the item on the newspaper to the left of the KVK ?
              (sorry for my ignorance!)

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
                Cool! While I am here what is the badge to the right of it and what is the item on the newspaper to the left of the KVK ?
                (sorry for my ignorance!)

Nick
                The pin to the right of the medal idicates he is a meber of the Spanish Legion, aslo its of Civil War manufacture.

The item on the newspaper (Hoja de Campaña) is a Falange Yoke and Arrows Pin

Comment

Here are some items I am posting on behalf of a very good friend of mine, who si an experta an advanced colector of Blue Division Militaria, I do hope he shares more of his collection with us , as its the most complete collection I have ever seen!!!!!

M40 DD helmet:

M42 Helmet:

The Decals:

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Allan P.; 11-23-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Here is another beauty of his collection, a rare M35 with the Falange Yoke and Arrows incrusted into the shell. it is said, that mebers of the Estado Mayor, under General Muñoz Grandes wore these.

A another example of this type of helmets existed on the Museo de la Hermandade, Oviedo España:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Allan P.; 11-23-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Jaime Sadurni; 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

My small collection.
                        Attached Files

Comment

"viva la raza!!!"

Comment

¡Artículos hermosos!

-Bryant

Comment

Some Headgear also from the same collection, some of them are characteristic of the Spanish soldier in Russia:

I would also like to show others some photos of Blue Division Militaria from some of the Museums that are still left. Next a personal favorite the tunic that belonged to Capitan Urbano Garcia Gomez, that used to be in the Military Museum in Madrid, Spain, unfortunately it closed down to be moved from Madrid, to Toledo, and do to neglect, a lot of the pieces that make the Museum´s collection I believe have been lost:

The following helmet was the one that sparked my interest for Blue Division helmets themselves. It is said to have belonged to the first Spanish Volunteer killed in action in Russia Cabo Esteban Martín Hernández:

Another displays form this disappearing museum:

In this case the decal of the helmet is an original but post war applied.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Allan P.; 11-23-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X