This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Documented RSHA Pistols listed with Issued Names

Searching another forum for SS documentation, I came across this posting (http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...875#7630093875) that included four pages of a listing of Walther PPKs that had been issued to members of the Einsatzgruppe C in July 1941. According to the documetation, almost 1000 guns had been distributed through the Grenzpolizei School in Pretzsch. But no accounting of this distribution was made and forwarded to the RSHA arsenal. In 1943 a request was made of Einsatzgruppe C to account for the guns. This small list of several dozen guns were all that could be accounted for. Most of these PPK serial numbers and names are included in the Red Book, but if you go through the numbers listed you will find a dozen or so new numbers with issue names that can be added to your copy of the book. Or just print off the pages and put them in the Red Book.
    The full list of the almost 1000 PPKs issued through the school in Pretzsch will follow shortly. It is part of further research documentation that I uncovered in the National Archives using sources found in the Red Book.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JoeW; 04-25-2010, 07:36 AM.

Additional Documented RSHA Pistols listed with Issued Names

Here are the final pages.
    Attached Files

Comment

Joe,

Found it. A near and dear subject - many thanks for your efforts! I use old indexes from NA on SS docs. Your research makes me wonder what else could be found on this subject. My experience with these NA indexes has been mixed. I will be curious to compare to other serial data when I get back in my office.

Scott
      Last edited by sszza2; 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

With new info being found it really makes this hobby fun. Joe has shared a lot of his research with collectors and it's much appreciated.

Comment

I'd love to see what other serials turn up in the full list!

Comment

Check the other thread posted in sticky above.

Comment

Thanks! I noticed the other thread only after I had posted. I was hoping to see what information, if any, was recorded for the pistols in the 900000 range.

Comment

Somewhere i have a book that lists all the weapons issued to nazi spys in mexico during ww2, but that's as close as I have ever seen to numbered owners guns. There is so much massive paperwork yet untouched in the archives , who knows what will turn up, maybe even a list of the 100,000 party members, but as for the guns ... that would really add to the value ,if someone here had even one on the list. Thanks for sharing your research.

Comment

SS Issued Guns

Juoneen/Wolfsburg
                  My book listed in the Books and Media section of this forum has documented information of more than 1300 SS Issued guns. Wolfsburg, there are 34 listed in the 900,000 range. Each one has a supporting document confirming its issue. In the case of the 900,000 range guns most will have a copy of the index card showing to whom it was issued, rank, serial number, department of service and what was included along with the gun...holster, ammunition, cleaning accessories and box, etc.

The book has been endorsed by Dieter H. Marschall and John P. Pearson and both have written Forewords.

The name of the book is "SS Walther PP/PPK Identification & Documents"
                  Steve

Comment

Samples of documents found in the Black Book.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Joe: Are these pistols those that would have the stamped number below the barrel on the slide?

Comment

No Craig, the pistols listed in the documentation I supplied are those with serial numbers on the front right side of the slide.

Comment

Craig,
                          So far only one Einsatzgruppen PPK has been found to exist. Accompanied by the #2 matching numbered magazine.
                          If you are wondering about those or any other SS guns, go to the book, look up which variation the serial number falls within and what details that particular variation exhibits. Match them to your gun to confirm issue.

Comment

Been reading this thread , I am a new and bear with me. I have a 1941 Mauser Hsc with serial # 718790 with other marking on gun and hostel . Where can i go to research the history of this gun. Thanks for any help!!

Comment

My RSHA PPK

This one is for RSHA:
                              PPK serial no. 306393K (number on trigger guard, and on slide.)

Matched holster from AKAH with DRGM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X