U-Boot patch and sawfish??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boot patch and sawfish??

I picked thease up with other period items but not really sure about them. The patch doesnt "glow" if that means anything. Is this a U-Boat patch? Are thease things real?

Thanks in advance for comments, Cliff E.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

saw-fish guy looks hand made.
          Attached Files

Comment

l

last pic. Patch is 2 layers...
            Attached Files

Comment

forgot this pic
              Attached Files

Comment

The patch is a small battle units (Klein Kampf Verband)

Ive only owned one , its best to ask member Ludwig on these for originality, they are pretty rare.
                Iam Uncle Sam
                That’s who Iam
                Been hiding out
                In a rock and roll band

Comment

The actual design of the patch is close to the originals but they are machine woven, I have never seen a hand embroidered one. As such it could have been copied from a original badge at any time- best to stick with textbook for such a rare badge.
                  Same goes for the cap badge- again could have been made 5 years ago or 65 years ago. Unless you have some rock solid provenance on these you would have a tough time passing them on as period.

Comment

thanks

I guess nobody out there is a real"expert" on this kind of stuff then. Cant rule them out as being good then I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                      I guess nobody out there is a real"expert" on this kind of stuff then. Cant rule them out as being good then I guess...
                      This was my example, note the difference in the manufacture.
                      Attached Files
                      Iam Uncle Sam
                      That’s who Iam
                      Been hiding out
                      In a rock and roll band

Comment

to munster:

I was wondering, is yours on a double material? Mine is 2 pieces sewn together on what looks like a black cloth. Yours looks blue, is it? Mine also seems to have a backing to make the stitching "puff out"..does yours? Also, the stitching on mine reminds me a lot of what I've seen on some SS tabs. Do you know much about SS insignia. is yours definatly machiene sewn?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

sorry

I thought I was looking at 2 patches and now I see yours is a front and back. That answers some of my own questions.

Comment

both

As far as I know, there are examples of hand sewn and machiene sewn types of most Third Reich insignias. I dont think because my patch differs from a machiene sewn example rules it out as original.

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                              As far as I know, there are examples of hand sewn and machiene sewn types of most Third Reich insignias. I dont think because my patch differs from a machiene sewn example rules it out as original.
                              I agree with this totally and in fact when it comes KM trade and qualification badges you often find "hand sewn" examples which seem to have been favoured by NCO's or worn by EM's on their walking out/ parade uniforms.

There are "hand-sewn", "Extra" quality versions of this badge which have been seriously over-looked by collectors,

Chris
                              Last edited by 90th Light; 10-02-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X