Attributed U-Boat Knights Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributed U-Boat Knights Cross

The RK of Kapitänleutnant Hans-Günther Lange, commander of U-711 (RK 26.08.44, Oakleaves 29.04.45). Now in the collection of my friend Thomas Huss.

A truly gorgeous piece Gordon, thanks so much for sharing! Outstanding condition but just enough wear to give it that worn look. Any idea where the oakleaves are? I love the ribbon...set up, worn but lots of character to it.

Cheers!

Adam

Comment

Rk

This is a truely wonderfull piece, and clearly has same stories to tell !
      Let me know if it is for sale

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

You should see his newest! An L/12 that would cause a skip in the old heart!
        As to this one...who will venture an opinion as to the 'maker'?
        Dave
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Hi,
          I was wondering, on the front under the swa is a little dot and 2 lines going downwards. It looks like one of 2 things to me, either a paint "drip" or a pit and perhaps oxidization under the paint causing paint not to adhere along those 2 lines. Am I correct in one of these guesses? Very nice, and I love a history with an item!
          Best, Sal

Comment

Beautiful!

A beautiful cross. And extra-special with the obviously (worn with pride) neck ribbon. Attributed, sounds like icing on the cake! My congratulations to your friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
              You should see his newest! An L/12 that would cause a skip in the old heart!
              As to this one...who will venture an opinion as to the 'maker'?
              Dave
              Com'mon guys... take Dave's challenge.... who made this one ?....its quite clear, but maybe not so obvious !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

K&Q?

How about K&Q?

Rob
                Regards, Rob
                Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Nice KC but interesting to note that it has a heavily worn neck ribbon yet on the thin flashing inside the eyelet not even the slightest hint of wear from the ribbon loop.
                  And as Adam said, I wonder what happened to the oaks?

Brett

Comment

Kc

Isn´t it a S&L with die flaws and not so well worked out loop?

Comment

I would agree with Ludwig. A Steinahuer & Luck. The rim isn't, as far as I can see, the one usually encountered on Klein & Quenzer crosses.
                      IMO, the eyelet is a "trap".
                      Denis

Comment

What a fascinatiing RK!

Made by S&L, with what seems an unfinished jump loop and a small die flaw on the back 3o'clock arm.

Seems this is another piece of evidence that the flaw started to appear around 1944.

Congrats Gordon!

Rich
                        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Hello Gordon,

Nice to see an U-Boot Ace's RK, it's a real pleasure for me.

Congratulations to Thomas.

Best Regards,

Michel
                          Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Reverse appears to have a larger flaw area as though the Creator choose the best obverse he could to go with the more flawed reverse.

Comment

Good observation Brett! Yes, very unusual and just for further discussion I sent a photo of one very similar.....actually the one offered on GD.com several months ago with the 'unfinished' ring to a very well respected friend of this site and got a resounding....POST '45 reply.
                              Dave
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X