GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Honor Roll Clasp (Ehrenblatt Spange)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Folks,

I would like to start a thread devoted to the study of the Kriegsmarine Honor Roll Clasp (Ehrenblatt Spange).

Jody
    Last edited by John R.; 03-06-2010, 09:02 PM.

OK, this is a set of VERY rare 57 Naval Honor Roll items.

This might be a first for some people, it is for me in the miniature medal.
    I'm one proud father of these baby's! All are made very well and are not fake, and have been in a advanced collectors hands for some time.
    I hope you like these as much as I do, NOW i can sleep better at night!

greg k
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 11-05-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

close up of stick pin..

greg k
      Attached Files

Comment

close up of ribbon bar..

greg k
        Attached Files

Comment

close up of miniature medal....

greg k
          Attached Files

Comment

ok, put them in their new crib and it looks like threir very happy with it!
            so does anyone else have any of these? i'd like to see others if anyone would like to post????
            and???

thanks greg k

it looks like it's blue felt but is purple, a deap purple..
            Attached Files

Comment

Kreigsmarine Honor Roll Plaque

I just acquired this most unsual Kreigsmarine Honor Roll Plaque. It is hand carved is is approximately 6 X 8 inches in size. I have no history about the plaque, but would appreciate any comments that might shed some light on the piece. It came from a very old collection.
              Attached Files

Comment

When Admiral Donitz instituted the Kreigsmarine Honor Roll Clasp on May 13, 1944, little did he realize that the award would become one of the rarest awards of the Kreigsmarine. Only 29 officers and men were bestowed this high award. The general purpose for the clasp was to acknowledge heroic deeds for which the German Cross in Gold or Knights Cross would not be justified being awarded. Only 29 recipients received this "Ehrentafelspange der Kreigsmarine". Out of the 29 recipients only 7 received the German Cross in Gold and one the Knight's Cross to the Iron Cross.

A bright ideal came to me as I was admiring the hand carved wooden plaque carved in the form of the Honor Roll Clasp. The dedication plaque appears to read "The Black Sea". It this was carved by a veteran winner of the clasp then it is possible to associate a name with the plaque if it can be determined if one of the 29 recipients received his Honor Roll Clasp while serving in the Black Sea Fleet area. I am hopeful that someone familiar with the various naval units and bases may be able to identify a recipient that served in the Black See. I will post a list of the 29 recipients tomorrow and would appreciate any assistance in helping this unusual plaque to come alive and tell its story after all these years.

Comment

A Clue

Information being sought sometime comes at when lest expected. I think that the Honor roll Clasp thread provided the answer to my quest for information concerning the wood plaque from the Black Sea presented on this thread. It appears that the Honor Roll grouping to Gunther Kronejung sold yesterday and the clasp featured on the Naval Honour Role Clasp Variation thread may have been the owner of the wood plaque. I say this because it appears that Kronejung's Marine Artillery unit, 3./20 Marinebordflakabetilung was located in the Greek/Balkans/Black Sea area. I can find no other recipient of the Kreigsmarine Honor roll Clasp serving in that theater of operations with the Kreigsmarine. More investigation is need to verify to 100% that this isn't the case, but I have the time and maybe moor information will come forth as time goes by.

Comment

KM honor roll clasp opinions please

Hi.

I need your opinions on this honor roll clasp with ribbon please.

Best regards,
                    André
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This one would not be for me. IMO you should steer clear of this one.

If you want one then you should stick with the text book example like this.

No cut outs under the anchor
                        Attached Files
                        Regards, Rob
                        Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

rev

round pointed needle pins with serrated effect on bend
                          Attached Files
                          Regards, Rob
                          Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

KM Honor Roll Clasp

Hello Andre,
                            I also agree that is a bad clasp. It is very typical of the fake produced in the late 1960's and 70's. I fell for one of those when I was in 7th grade. One of the give-aways is the space between the anchor and wreath along with the type of prong attachment. On top of all of that is the lack of fire-gilting which is very clear on the beautiful original posted by Rhudspith.

A similar fake also appeared in the 1971 book Nazi Regalia by Jack Pia. That is a reason why I fell for one.

Regards,
                            Jody
                            Last edited by Jody Beltram; 04-16-2006, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the pictures.
                              I'll pass on this one.

regards,
                              André

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X