Para Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para Helmet

I believe this to be an early Fallschirmjäger helmet, comments very welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the Fallschirmjäger (or "Luftlandetruppen" in Bw) Versuchshelm, a trial helmet issued to FJs 1955 until 1961. It was replaced by M1-style supposedly because it had no brim and that problem when it rained. Of course GSG9 used similar helmet in 1970s-80s but I am not sure what differences are other than colour (GSG9 Springerhelme are dark green). Yours looks like Bundeswehr version to me.

These helmets are very rare, so you have good find!

regards
              Klaus

Comment

Although it doesn't show very well in the photos the paint is blue. What would be a good price range for this helmet as I wish to put it on the estand next week.

p.s. This helmet was actually worn by a reporter during the recent war between Russia and Georgia.
                Last edited by David Fettes; 06-18-2009, 07:10 PM. Reason: extra wording

Comment

They would be almost blue in colour, so it sounds authentic. I do not know what good price is for them - I have never seen one for sale before. Another member has one in his collection and maybe know value but I forget who at moment. Interesting that it had such use because they are not that common!

regards
                  Klaus

Comment

Thanks for your help, if you can find out for me that would be a great help.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                      Looks like the Fallschirmjäger (or "Luftlandetruppen" in Bw) Versuchshelm, a trial helmet issued to FJs 1955 until 1961. It was replaced by M1-style supposedly because it had no brim and that problem when it rained. Of course GSG9 used similar helmet in 1970s-80s but I am not sure what differences are other than colour (GSG9 Springerhelme are dark green). Yours looks like Bundeswehr version to me.

These helmets are very rare, so you have good find!

regards
                      Klaus
                      I believe that there are no differences to the helmet itself other than the color, but I sometimes see these helmets on Ebay.de with a plastic chincup, I also remember seeing it on a picture once. My 2c.

Michel Wijnand

Comment

I believe that Gordon Craig owns a helmet like mine. The GSG9 helmets seemed to have a rough green paint job and some had a different liner.

Comment

This BW falli appears to be wearing a helmet similar to David's.

TJ
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice photo. does anybody else have any idea as to a sensible resale cost?

Comment

David,

Sorry that I couldn't help you erlier with a price, and I still can not, but I can supply some additional info. 2400 of these blue helmets were made for trial purposes before the American style helmet was adopted by the BW. Of the few I have seen for sale all are like your. IE in as new condition so I think that very few were ever issued for wear as a trial helmet.
                              As to the GSG helmet of this shape, the one in my collection is Khaki in colour with a very rough surface. There is a scratch on the top of my helmet and there appears to be blue paint underneath the khaki.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X