EKI, Double marked Meybauer L/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKI, Double marked Meybauer L/13

First i had a bad feeling about this one, inner corners seemed to pointy to be a Meybauer. Checked the hardware and the L/13 mark and they seem to match other Meybauer. Weirdest thing about it is the other mark, has anybody seen anything like it? Will post better pics when it arrives.
    Attached Files

Front
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roglebk; 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM. Reason: better pic

Comment

nothing wrong with this Ek1. Not as far as I can see from these pictures..

Comment

Carl,

From the photos so far I wouldn't necessarily call it a double-stamped cross, although it may be. The area which you presumably consider a '7' may only be a surface flaw in the pin stock material. Closer/clearer photos will help us.

Comment

slightly vaulted
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Roglebk; 06-20-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Double marked meybauer ek1

A fine meybauer indeed...super rare!

Comment

Looks Good so far however as Robert stated a better photo of the marks would be nice.
              The 7 stamp was pretty poor at times as can be seen on many 7 marked crosses and Yours looks OK from the photo, I would like a nice clear shot of Maker marks also though!
              Nice cross!
              Kevin

Comment

Here is My 7 Marked Meybauer, You can see the poor looking 7 in this photo!
                Kev
                Attached Files
                Last edited by WEISNER; 06-14-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

And a photo of the Obverse.....
                  Kev
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys! Keeping my fingers crossed, Kevin gave me new hope This is actually my first ever EKI, after all those years collecting. Would not be too bad starting the collection with a Double marked Meybauer, which happens to be one of my favourites because of their nice EKII Schinkel. Now i only need a LDO-case

Comment

I've got a Meybauer EK 1 with both the "7" and "L/13" marks.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Another view.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

So Carl, It is looking great for You! however if You would please do post a close up clear shot of both maker marks for us (Me) to see, and also anyone researching a similar marked cross in the future.
                          Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin, i sure will, when it arrives.

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                            So Carl, It is looking great for You! however if You would please do post a close up clear shot of both maker marks for us (Me) to see, and also anyone researching a similar marked cross in the future.
                            Kevin

Comment

money shot.

A definite 7, anybody got a Meybauer marked LDO-case. Updated the pics earlier in thread, frameflaws suggest very worn dies. Nicely vaulted, wear and paint chips on core, if only this cross could talk.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X