Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with SS Units on document

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me identify units on this copy of a family member of mine document. I can read the last one SS-Wirtsch.Italien 59/44 and I've asked about that one already. But the other one's I've been trying to figure out what they are and I'm having trouble. So I was thinking that someone who has more expertise in this field may be able to identify them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Files

Hi Chris, Wirtsch is for housekeeping company, similar to some docs i'm looking at at the moment. I see you've already asked about that so you probably know but as for others I can't make out any other words at all on this doc.
    Greg

Comment

Thanks for your help Greg.

The top one looks like it might say zug.v.12.9.44. Then beside that it looks like z.SS-st.o.v ------ something. then the one below that looks like FHA IE/III(5) But I’m totally not sure.

I know previously he was with a Pioneer regiment in the 3rd SS. He was seriously wounded on 15.2.42 I'm assuming in the battle of Demjansk, how ever there is no documentation of him receiving a Demjansk shield. He also doesn't have one on his uniform in the picture I have of him from 1944.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X