SS TK honor ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS TK honor ring

This SS ring recently sold, an offer from a WAF associated US based dealer...
    I missed buying it.... but honestly I would not be able to afford one at today's values thru a dealer...still a dream to own one day....
    This one is in amazing condition and has a cool "bring back" history, so worth sharing here I think!
    Its was described as follows:

SS Totenkopf Honor Ring. this ring is directly from the family of the late WWII US Army veteran who brought it home after the war. The ring has the award inscription "S.lb Frank 21.12.44" "H Himmler" the ring shows very little use, with the death's head, oakleaves, and runic symbols being very sharp. The ring shows very light use, with the only real wear being to the nasal septum on the death's head. Otherwise there is no damage, or worn down areas. The inside engraving is very sharp, and again shows little to no wear. The ring is completely untouched, and uncleaned, with a dark, rich original patina. POR
    __________________________________________________ _

Wonder who this officer Frank was, and his duties?
    Notice the very late date! December 1944.
    Attached Files

how much did it go for?

Comment

Originally posted by SSkrieg
      how much did it go for?
      Was not disclosed...

Comment

Dr. Bernhard Frank of the RFSS Himmler's Chief of Staff.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=322580

Comment

t
          Attached Files

Comment

I assume its the same ring. So this ring found a new home in Colorado! WOW! Congrats! I'm jealous! Especially considering the man's function.
            (Chief of staff Himmler's inner circle)
            Why was the ring issued so late in the war for somebody with such a prominent job?

Comment

Originally posted by JR.
              Dr. Bernhard Frank of the RFSS Himmler's Chief of Staff.
              That's a great looking TK Ring!

But I don't think it's from this Frank.............if he's the one you mean.

Not with a December 1944 date.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm presently compiling the info on the Dr. I've been able to find quite a bit so far and have been extremely happy with the help that some members have provided.

Comment

Lovely.
                  Congrats!
                  Wear this ring with Honor!

Comment

Originally posted by JR.
                    I'm presently compiling the info on the Dr.
                    Everything you need to know is in his book.

Including photos of him wearing his TK Ring well before the end of 1944.

Here's one of them...................
                    Attached Files

Comment

Robin, I sent you an email on the 1944 info that I've compiled to see if you have any additional. Appreciate all, JR

Comment

Originally posted by JR.
                        Robin, I sent you an email on the 1944 info that I've compiled to see if you have any additional. Appreciate all, JR
                        I've sent you an email, JR.

Here's something else I've found on the man.....................I don't think it's his ring. Just look at the promotion dates..............he would have received the ring in 1940.

FRANK, Dr. Bernhard
                        (1913- )
                        SS-Obersturmbannführer d.R.:
                        Born: 15. Jul. 1913.
                        Died:
                        NSDAP-Nr.: 4 442 198/SS-Nr.: 105 013
                        Promotions:
                        SS-OStubaf.d.R.: 1944; SS-Stubaf.d.R.: 30. Jan. 1943; SS-HStuf.; SS-OStuf.: ; SS-UStuf.: 9. Nov. 1937.
                        Assignments:
                        Kdr. SS-Einheiten Berchtesgaden/SS-Kommando Obersalzberg: Id (Ausbildungsoffizier/Training Officer), Kommandostab Reichsführer-SS (as SS-HStuf.): 9. Aug. 1941-
                        Ordonnanzoffizier b. Id, Kommandostab Reichsführer-SS (as SS-HStuf.): 25. Apr. 1941 - 9. Aug. 1941.
                        Stab RF SS (later Pers.Stab RF SS): (1. Dec. 1937)-(1. Oct. 1944)
                        Notes:
                        As Kdr., SS-Kommando Obersalzberg, SS-OStubaf. Dr. Frank placed Hermann Göring under house arrest at Obersalzberg, 24. Apr. 1945, due to the Reichsmarschall's overhasty attempt to proclaim himself as Germany's new leader.
                        Decorations & Awards:
                        1939 EK I/II; KVK I/II m. Schw.; [Infanterie?]-Sturmabzeichen; Reichssportabzeichen in Bronze; SA-Sportabzeichen in bronze; Ehrendegen des RF SS.

Comment

Wonderful information And so appreciated. I do understand the timeline on the promotion dates and am perplexed at him being listed in the Oct. 1944 DL without the ring symbol next to his name. It clearly shows the SS degen sans the ring symbol. And the entry of the officer 2 names below as having the ring symbol without the degen being bestowed. Once again, thank you sooooooooooooo much!

Comment

And then again if you look in the Nov. 1944 DL of Standartenfuhrer's and above, you will once again see some officers with the ring........ and some with the ring & sword.............. and other officer's listed with the sword without the ring. With the rank of Standartenfuhrer and several promotion dates prior to Nov. 1944, you would imagine that these officers would have received the SSTK well before this time, but this last issue DL shows clearly the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by JR.
                              Once again, thank you sooooooooooooo much!
                              You are very welcome.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X