My fighting knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fighting knives

I just wanted to post and let you have a look at my fighting knives. I know that they are not all german or WWII, but the majority are. With a few other good ones thrown in here and there.
    Attached Files

The german, (Austrian) ones with a few short bayonets.
    Attached Files

Comment

My Luft. ones, two #6's, and two #5's. I have seen comments about the quality of the work on the guards, I find that the #5's are not as nice as the #6's.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rbminis; 04-11-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Great collection
        Thanks for sharing

Nice second pattern nickle FS

Comment

Others.
          Attached Files

Comment

Austrian.
            Attached Files

Comment

My short bayonets. One A. Wingen jr., two WKC, and one unmarked. Top one has 88 stamped on both sides of pommel.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi !

Fine collection, congrat´s !

I´ve got a question:

You term the two staghorn-one´s as "Austrian" ...

Are there any maker´s-mark´s visible on the blade ?

The scabbards are IMO Yugoslav ...

Rgds,

R.

Comment

I just say wonderful collection that you have there

Andy

Comment

Hi,

Is the WWI knife with the scratched scabbard a Gottlieb Hammesfahr? I could be wrong, but from here it looks like it may be one of the fakes that's flooded the market. Is the snap on the scabbard's leather strap smooth or does it have a pattern on it? Smooth would be a red flag. The wear on the scabbard looks contrived and the exposed metal doesn't appear to have any oxidation. The crossguard and grips on the knife don't look quite right either, too sharp on the corners if that makes sense. Of course this is all based on the photo from a distance so I hope I'm wrong.

I especially like the second one in post 5, it looks like it's in super condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
                      Hi !

Fine collection, congrat´s !

I´ve got a question:

You term the two staghorn-one´s as "Austrian" ...

Are there any maker´s-mark´s visible on the blade ?

The scabbards are IMO Yugoslav ...

Rgds,

R.
                      Thank you,
                      The top one has a maker mark of, "?W WADSWORTH & SON AUSTRIA, with a large X on each side that has the letters XLNT in each space of the X

The lower one has a maker mark of, ROSLERS NACHFOL?ER AUSTRIA on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim L. View Post
                        Hi,

Is the WWI knife with the scratched scabbard a Gottlieb Hammesfahr? I could be wrong, but from here it looks like it may be one of the fakes that's flooded the market. Is the snap on the scabbard's leather strap smooth or does it have a pattern on it? Smooth would be a red flag. The wear on the scabbard looks contrived and the exposed metal doesn't appear to have any oxidation. The crossguard and grips on the knife don't look quite right either, too sharp on the corners if that makes sense. Of course this is all based on the photo from a distance so I hope I'm wrong.

I especially like the second one in post 5, it looks like it's in super condition.
                        Unfortunately you are right about the Hammesfahr, I have an original, but has been heavily ground and the handle period shortened. This one is a filler until I can replace it (hopefully soon).

The one in post 5 has had someone lightly engraved their social security number on the blade, other than that, it is in good condition. The guard and pommel show good signs of wear, nicks and dents and good patina. The blade has not been sharpened.

Thanks for all your comments.

Comment

heres a similar one..painted wingen w/ bayonette slot

Comment

Nice collection..it takes years to get a nice cross section like those shown here. hers the makers mark on this one R side.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X