1914 EKII with 1939 frames, Juncker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 EKII with 1939 frames, Juncker?

Hi, this one keeps me awake at night, what do you think of the maker? First i thought it was a Juncker but it does not match my unmarked 1939 EKII. It is marked in the bandring with 800. Inner corners with crosshatching. Obverse has a kind of stippled core, reverse don't. Crowns on obvere and reverse are completely different and very detailed and higher than the frame.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roglebk; 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM. Reason: added facts

back
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roglebk; 03-04-2009, 12:31 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Comment

Obverse crown
      Attached Files

Comment

Crowns are very high (or thick), sticks up over the frame and go some wear because of that.
        Attached Files

Comment

Crosshatching
          Attached Files

Comment

Compared to a unmarked Juncker
            Attached Files

Comment

Your 1914 EK II is not by Juncker, because Juncker used another core design.
              Maybe it's another LDO maker.

Regards

Daniel
              Regards
              Daniel

Search:
              !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
              Otto Schickle
              All early 57er pieces

Comment

Thanks Daniel, there's not so many to choose from considering the framehump and crosshatching. Went through L/11, L/13, L/15, L/18, L54, L/56 & L/58 and they are out of the competition. That leaves L/55, did i forget anyone? Could be a L/55 i guess, with remade die, or L/12 with a different core?

Comment

Originally posted by Roglebk View Post
                  Thanks Daniel, there's not so many to choose from considering the framehump and crosshatching. Went through L/11, L/13, L/15, L/18, L54, L/56 & L/58 and they are out of the competition. That leaves L/55, did i forget anyone? Could be a L/55 i guess, with remade die, or L/12 with a different core?
                  ...maybe.
                  I only have L/11, Juncker and L/54 compare.

Regards

Daniel
                  Regards
                  Daniel

Search:
                  !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
                  Otto Schickle
                  All early 57er pieces

Comment

I'm surprised to see an 800 silver mark on the ring of a TR era made Imperial piece. Weren't the frames of TR era EKs not made with real silver at all, but a different type of material? I know the RKs are marked with 800, but those would be the only ones from this era to have such a marking.

Comment

I personally would not reduce Juncker to a single core design. Even 1939 Juncker considered crosses show several core designs.

I would declare this cross as a piece by a "Juncker - related" company. I cannot say if it was Juncker itself who produced the cross but i am totally convinced that Juncker hat its fingers in several pies - so in this cross.

Stefan

Comment

Steve> I was surprised too! It could be a later added mark or a changed ring i guess, its not soldered, will get a pic of the mm later. Frames looks like they are made of silver, have that "silver oxide look" and in the worn places i see no sign of base metal suggesting them to be plated.

StefanK> My thoughts too. Guess i'll just call it unknown for now.

Comment

Hi Roglebk,

could you please post a picture of the "800" mark?

Stefan

Comment

Hi Roglebk... what lets you believe your 1939 EK2 is a Juncker ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
                              I'm surprised to see an 800 silver mark on the ring of a TR era made Imperial piece. Weren't the frames of TR era EKs not made with real silver at all, but a different type of material? I know the RKs are marked with 800, but those would be the only ones from this era to have such a marking.

if marked ,,,often with 800 mark

and the frame looks to me like a juncker.

crosing lines in the corners is one thing simular to my juncker
                              Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-14-2009, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X