Nazi Party Membership Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi Party Membership Book

I have had this for awhile thought I would show it off. Would like to see if any one else has one.
    Thanks
    Stan
    Attached Files

picture 2
    Attached Files

Comment

picture 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and in very good condition. I have a couple of these, some in as good condition, some not. They make interesting research material. Have you chacked out this guy yet?

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for the comments. I have had it translated, but no research done. Do you know of nay one that does it?
          Thanks
          Stan
          Originally posted by DocumentsGuy View Post
          Very nice and in very good condition. I have a couple of these, some in as good condition, some not. They make interesting research material. Have you chacked out this guy yet?

Comment

Something similar:
            Attached Files

Comment

Earlier version:
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Terry. Thanks for posing them
                Stan

Comment

there's a story behind #6 of some sort. Does the book have stamps at the back at all? Any other information within it? That guy was slightly connected.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                    there's a story behind #6 of some sort. Does the book have stamps at the back at all? Any other information within it? That guy was slightly connected.
                    Name looks like Franz Kreuzer? There are stamps dated 1939 to 1944. Do you have any info on this man?

Comment

Here's mine, as well as a letter from the local Party authorities returning his proof of ancestry documents, which I find interesting. I also have his Wehrpass.

John
                      Attached Files

Comment

The local Party note regarding "Ahnenerbe" - his proof of Aryan heritage, of course:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jwburchell; 12-02-2008, 01:04 AM.

Comment

why #6 is unusual

#6 is interesting because of the "date" of party entrance.
                          Technically the NSDAP was closed to newcomers as of May 1933. Exceptions were made for "special" people(often politically connected or other elites) and for members who were active leaders or staunch members of affiliated party organizations (NSBO, SS, SA, DAF etc.).
                          In Feb. 1933, there were 1.2 million books issued but only 850,000 active members. After the March elections over 1.5 Million application for party membership were received. It took years to work through this backlog.
                          After May 1, 1933 the party opened itself up to new membership only a few more times (1937,1939-1942,1944) and there were frequent purges and demotions.
                          The entrance date of 1935 with a lower than expected number means one of two things:
                          1. This guys paperwork got held up at the local party HQ for years (which did happen as the local Kreisleiter then took the dues money) OR
                          2. (and I think this is the case here) the applicant was locally important and a member of an affiliated NSDAP organization. It would not surprise me at all to see that this guy was on the local village council or an ex provincial Stahlhelm Leader of some sort.
                          It's unusual, but not rare.
                          Last edited by McCulloh; 12-03-2008, 09:02 AM. Reason: add sentence

Comment

Interesting, thanks for that.

Comment

Old thread but a new interest
                              Can anyone suggest a value on these in the current market? Contribution Stamps from 38-43 virtually full pages.
                              Female photo membership number just under the million mark.
                              Value- $150/$200, more or less?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X