Help I'D what "type" this parts kit is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help I'D what "type" this parts kit is

Need some help in identifying the type of Japanese weapon this was. LMG 99?
    The parts,along with other sovenirs, were purchased over ten years ago from the family of a deceased USMC Veteran.

The barrel, and stock had at one time been stuck together by the Vet with a wood rod and hose clamps for display.

Don't know if there are any missing parts or not.With the obvious exception of no receiver of some sort. The barrel might be clear, while the gas tube? under it appears to have been welded. With the large 188 on the butt, could this have been a dummy training piece?
    Hopefully this could be some help for reference purposes.
    Didn't know which forum to place this in, so if this needs be moved to a better forum that would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave
    Attached Files

The trigger section looks to be a late war 99 with an earlier barral that they cut off

Comment

Originally posted by Banzi64 View Post
      The trigger section looks to be a late war 99 with an earlier barral that they cut off
      Banzi64 thanks for the insight, and help. Any suggestions for links/books to that would show the difference between early and late war parts? Or just a basic diagram of the parts that make up a 99 for further study?

It was mentioned to me that the "firearms" forum might be a more fitting place for this thread.

(Could the Moderator if possible please switch this over please.)

Thanks
      Dave

A picture of the barrel end..
      Attached Files

Comment

There is a site called www.dragonsoffire.com I believe that might help

Comment

I don't think this was a WWII period training dummy, most likely a gun someone brought back and they ditched the receiver so they wouldn't get into trouble. I think in your other thread you asked if you needed and special premit for these parts.....no, since it's missing the recieiver it's not a machine gun. It is a very nice parts set though. It seems after the war a lot of these were just welded up. What probably happened was someone realized with the receiver it was illegal so they removed what they could and cut the barrel off (since it was probably welded to the reciever) so they could get some money for it.

eric

Comment

Eric thanks for the additional help. The Marine grouping this parts menagerie was included in, had a batch of other miscellaneous pieces, and somewhat strange occurrences.
            One was a small German flag with kanji, an early, AC P38 with holster, and an IC first class.
            British captured? ammo, along with 2 British Enfields, a type 94 pistol in a U.S. shoulder holster, and a couple of Arisakas. Lots of other pieces, parts that have long ago found good homes.

Thanks again
            Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X