Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's Green Army Volume 4 Parts I & II

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Hitler's Green Army Volume 4 parts I & II are now available. These are the editions I wrote did. I was greatly helped with the project by Dave Cameron. I would also like to thank Bill Unland and Ernst H.

The volumes are a slightly different format than the first 2 volumes but there are hundreds (about 600+) of period photos along with color photos of uniforms, headgear, insignia and so on. As of right now the books are being printed on demand and are ready in a few days from ordering. I have a few sets available right now or you can go to europabooks and get them through Tony Munoz.

Dave and Bill have copies of the books and I hope they'll post some feedback about them.

Sincerely,
    Keith

great books

hi keith,
    just got my 2 copys from tony munoz today in the mail.
    great books that you wrote and put together,
    love all the photos and uniform pics.
    the photos are great to see,tons of uniform shots. a great help...

they go great with the first 2 books vol 1+2, i helped with photos and doc's on the first two books,
    looking foward to seeing the 3rd vol someday.

keep up the great work
    joe imwalle

Comment

I also recommend these. I received my set from Antonio last month.
      Great job Keith!
      I also have volume 1 and 2!

All 4 volumes are worth every penny! Great reference sources!
      Nick

PS: One comment, something I haven't been able to figure out...
      I don't understand the numbering...
      It jumps from Volume 1 and volume 2 to Volume 4, part 1 and
      Volume 4, part 2.
      Is there a "Hitler's Green Police" Volume 3 in the sequence?
      Still a work in progress perhaps?
      Last edited by NickG; 09-12-2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
        I also recommend these. I received my set from Antonio last month.
        Great job Keith!
        I also have volume 1 and 2!

All 4 volumes are worth every penny! Great reference sources!
        Nick

PS: One comment, something I haven't been able to figure out...
        I don't understand the numbering...
        It jumps from Volume 1 and volume 2 to Volume 4, part 1 and
        Volume 4, part 2.
        Is there a "Hitler's Green Police" Volume 3 in the sequence?
        Still a work in progress perhaps?
        hey nick from what ive heard there is going to be a 3rd vol. when is a diff story.
        as mr munoz has other books in the work at this time also.
        so hopefully maybe early next year?? keep fingers crossed.

as for the numbering system on the vol 4 i think he used a diff printer so he had to make 2 books instead of just one volume like the first 2.
        i think anyway...
        enjoy
        joe

Comment

Originally posted by joeimwalle View Post
          hey nick from what ive heard there is going to be a 3rd vol. when is a diff story.
          as mr munoz has other books in the work at this time also.
          so hopefully maybe early next year?? keep fingers crossed.

as for the numbering system on the vol 4 i think he used a diff printer so he had to make 2 books instead of just one volume like the first 2.
          i think anyway...
          enjoy
          joe
          Good news on an upcoming volume 3. I wonder what that will cover? GREAT!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate them. There will be a volume III, when I don't know. Tony has just started a new job as a teacher. These were finished before his they were released ahead of the third one. I wish they could have been in the same format as the first two volumes but it just wasn't possible.

I now have several police albums and documents that didn't make it in these volumes. I may offer these for sale as I don't think I will be doing another book.
            I just don't have the time. If anyone is interested shoot me a note.

Take care,
            Keith

Comment

Both Parts I & II are basically pictorial publications with little text in the way for reading and If you want to view photographs of police in various uniforms & aspects, basically all of the 165 pages in Part I and about 50% of Part II are filled with period photos. These pages contain choice portraits and pictures from multiple photo albums and groupings. The most compelling picture in my mind is still the one of the mortar team with bordered decal helmets in wear! I never get enough of period photos!

The other 50% of Part II contains an pictorial introduction to police awards, uniforms, headgear, and documents. This section contains pictures of a lot of good material, however, this section appears hastily compiled by the publisher rushing it to print and warrants further revision. Some additional format & organizational work along with some added police branch organizational information would certainly help. Also there are some choice objects in these pages such as the General's visor and insignia that lack sufficient detail.
              Last edited by Dave Cameron; 09-15-2008, 12:16 AM.
              Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

I try here even if the topic wasn't read for a long..
                Is there any way to buy the volumes 4 (1) and 4 (2) of Hitler's green army?
                It seems hard to find them.

Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha View Post
                  I try here even if the topic wasn't read for a long..
                  Is there any way to buy the volumes 4 (1) and 4 (2) of Hitler's green army?
                  It seems hard to find them.

Best Regards.
                  Try sending Keith (hmsbrinmaric) a PM or email. He's still active on the forum and has a website.
                  Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C. View Post
                    Try sending Keith (hmsbrinmaric) a PM or email. He's still active on the forum and has a website.
                    I hope it's ok to resurrect an old thread but I have pm'd Keith and there are no print copies at this time. If anyone knows where Hitler's Green Army Vol4 Pt1 or Pt2 can be found please let me know !

Regards,
                    Gerard

Comment

Wow, this thread is a trip down memory lane...can't say I have seen any copies for sale lately.

Comment

If I can obtain a set of Hitler's Green Army Volume 4 Parts I & II, is it worth doing so?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X