Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer uniforms

Are there any others out there? This one is for an NCO(Sonderfuhrer Group G)

Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PaulR; 06-28-2008, 09:53 AM.

If you have one, please post it. Has anyone even heard of another in a collection?
    Attached Files

Comment

Paul, I have one, I use it to dust of my Herr items and as a window curtain. It is believable but check the math. I thought there was a similar rig in the Angolia books but I couldn't find it.

What do you think it is?
      Last edited by Johnny R; 06-28-2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

lol! Too funny.

I am working on a project and am looking for more examples.

The only uniform images I saw in Angolia's book(Vol 2) are period photos.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
          lol! Too funny.

I am working on a project and am looking for more examples.

The only uniform images I saw in Angolia's book(Vol 2) are period photos.
          I don't have volume two, I need my truck for work and don't want to sell it to purchase a copy. What are they now like 400 US? It must be nice to collect in an area where things are still affordable. Looks like a nice tunic, does it have the screw-in shoulder board buttons?

Comment

Hello Paul,
            Wonderful example! This is the first I have seen. Does it have issue stampings to a unit of some sort? My guess is probably to a fliegerhorst unit and then re-issued?
            Thanks for sharing,
            Curtiss

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
              I don't have volume two, I need my truck for work and don't want to sell it to purchase a copy. What are they now like 400 US? It must be nice to collect in an area where things are still affordable. Looks like a nice tunic, does it have the screw-in shoulder board buttons?
              I had to pay about 393 dollars from Ebay. It is the most expensive book in the series, for reasons that dont impact my interests... the section on Fj helmets!

There are some stampings. I will post them momentarily.(thanks for the compliments!).

Comment

Here they are, Curtiss.
                Attached Files

Comment

And the unit...

Again, I am looking for more examples for a project I am working on.

Any input and additions are welcome.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I guess I should go in Monday and get some glasses.

Comment

LOL! I know. The first one is a bit blurry. I will get the tunic and scan the markings within the next day or two.

Here is what is on there...

L.B.A.(S) 38
                      Fl. Gr. Aibling 1938
                      No unit designated(that I can tell).
                      Last edited by PaulR; 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM.

Comment

No specific unit but a very interesting base:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...dAibling-R.htm

Comment

So there was a POW camp there as well as a lot of famous units. I bet that the owner of this jacket saw a lot of interesting people first hand.

Comment

I thought that I would bring this back up to see if anyone had anything to add! Lets see your LW Sonderfuhrer uniforms! There really must be more than this one example out there!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                              I had to pay about 393 dollars from Ebay. It is the most expensive book in the series, for reasons that dont impact my interests... the section on Fj helmets!

There are some stampings. I will post them momentarily.(thanks for the compliments!).
                              $ 393 for a book ?
                              Does it has a gold cover ?

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X