SS KZ Officer or Arm Recon Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS KZ Officer or Arm Recon Boards

Just wondering what you may think these boards are. They were told to me that they were SS KZ boards, or SS Armoured Reconnaissance boards. What do you think? Original?
    Does anyone have a known SS KZ board to compare the piping color? I know Bill Shea had a tunic a couple years back for an em/nco that he picked up from the vets son, which I had seen the boards...
    Has anyone ever seen the cloth material holding them together before either?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

To me they really look like recon copperbrown and not the light brown from KZ. Do you still own them?
            I own a pair as well.
            I have some KZ ones as well and I can tell there is clearly a difference in the piping colour, as you can see in the attached picture.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by phil9790; 04-25-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phil9790 View Post
              To me they really look like recon copperbrown and not the light brown from KZ. Do you still own them?
              I own a pair as well.
              I have some KZ ones as well and I can tell there is clearly a difference in the piping colour, as you can see in the attached picture.
              Those are both Recon KZ is much lighter.

Comment

For me, KZ color is like coffee with a lot of cream. Not cinnamon!

Alen

Comment

This is a question that has been around a long time. You can not always judge by photos. Here is a tunic that most of have seen before. It is supposed to be KZ. I think a collector in Florida now owns it. Some KZ guards had duties inside and then there were those who were outside where there is more fading; therefore, not every shoulder board is "text book".

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X