Stuttgart IWB: new EK II fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuttgart IWB: new EK II fake

On the IWB Stuttgart I saw many new EK II fakes, which were to find on parade mount's, too. I had the chance to make pictures from one of this. The seller (no german) was not happy about it. He solds about 50 sets of new EK II's with new packets for 65,- €.
    The EK II has a similar frame like the deschler EK II's (beading near the swastika) and similar beading for the loop ring like the W&L EK II's. But the beading looks other like the originals. The EK II's were with a very good frosting finish and the number design looks like "standard" (Steinhauer & Lück).
    The EK II packet was produced with untypically paper. On back side is the maker Friedrich Orth. The complete back side looks different like the originals.

Bei der IWB in Stuttgart sind mir wieder neue EK II Kopien aufgefallen, welche leider auch schon als Spangenstücke anzutreffen waren. Von einem dieser Exemplare ist es mir gelungen Bilder zu machen, wobei der Händler (kein Deutscher) etwas angepi.... war, als er mich dabei erwischt hatte. Dieser EK II Typus war an einem Stand im 50er Pack mit dazu gehöriger Tüte (beides zusammen für 65,- €) zu erwerben.
    Das EK II hat einen Deschlerähnlichen Rahmen (runde Zargeninnenecken), die Zargengestaltung bei den Zargeninnenecken sind Deschler auch sehr ähnlich wobei ich da nicht ins Detail mit meiner Beobachtung gehen konnte, da der Rahmen mit einer dicken Frostfarbe versehen ist. Der Rahmen hat eine extra Ausbuchtung für die Ringöse, wobei diese Ausbuchtung etwas untypisch in der Formgebung ist. Die Jahreszahlen kommen dem Standarddesign nahe.
    Die dazugehörige Tüte besteht aus untypischem Papier und macht einen schlechten Eindruck von der Qualität her. Als Hersteller wurde hier Friedrich Orth gewählt. Auffällig bei der Tüte ist, dass man keine Klebefalz auf der Rückseite sehen kann, wie sonst üblich.

Regards

Grueni
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grueni1208; 04-06-2008, 09:27 AM.
    Regards
    Daniel

Search:
    !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
    Otto Schickle
    All early 57er pieces

Backside
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Daniel

Search:
    Otto Schickle
    All early 57er pieces

Comment

EK II packet
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Daniel

Search:
      Otto Schickle
      All early 57er pieces

Comment

Attached Files
        Regards
        Daniel

Search:
        Otto Schickle
        All early 57er pieces

Comment

Thank you Grueni,

I'm glad you were able to get photos of this cross. It will go into the files with the other fakes I have listed...

It shouldn't be too hard to recognize in the future, there were only a few makers with the hump for the jump ring.

Robert

Comment

The 1813 date is like no other I have ever seen. The top of the '3' is sloped, and the first '1' is wider than the second, and the tops are odd. Also a flaw, circled...

Thanks again Grueni,

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

are these crosses unmarked or are some of them marked... if so, what number is it?

thanks for the info Grueni nice work

Comment

The bottom loop of the "3"s -- especially the one in "1939" -- reminds me of those seen on Floch fakes. They're "open."
                I agree with Robert. These will be very easy to spot.
                George

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                  ...The top of the '3' is sloped, ...
                  ...like the 333 EK II fakes.

Regards

Grueni
                  Regards
                  Daniel

Search:
                  Otto Schickle
                  All early 57er pieces

Comment

Originally posted by xerox_ View Post
                    are these crosses unmarked or are some of them marked... if so, what number is it?
                    I believe they are unmarked, but I hadn't the chance to check the other's.

Regards

Grueni
                    Regards
                    Daniel

Search:
                    Otto Schickle
                    All early 57er pieces

Comment

Originally posted by grueni1208 View Post
                      ...like the 333 EK II fakes.

Regards

Grueni
                      Yes Grueni,

Like the 333/ L/18 copy you posted recently. Here is your photo and work showing the slanted or sloped '3'...

Thanks,
                      Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

Besides all that - it has this massive wide - bead step !

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                          Besides all that - it has this massive wide - bead step !

Douglas
                          You're absolutely right, Douglas. You could walk on that thing.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X