Destroyer badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer badge

I purchased this destroyer badge ,around twelve years ago, at a militaria show.Please give me your opinion on this piece.Thanks,kirk
    Attached Files

Destroyer badge

Here are pictures of the back
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kirk any chance of a closer look at the eagle and a side view, have to say have my doubts on this one. All the best

Comment

Destroyer badge

More pictures
        Attached Files

Comment

Destroyer badge

Here is another picture
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kirk really cant make my mind up on this one although i have to say there are a few things i dont like, detail looks weak in areas )that could be just the pics thou), reverse looks strange, hinge looks like what you my find on some ww1 ek 1?, dont like the hook. I feel like it maybe trying to be steinhauer and luch. I would wait for other opinions but would have to say not one for me. Hope im wrong All the best

Comment

in deed a tricky one, if I was offered to buy this type of badge I would pass.

hope someone can shed some light on this one. Interesting.

Comment

I am not too sure of this one myself.The hinge is what you would expect to see on a tombak badge but the circular plates beneath the catch and tophook is what you would see on a zinc badge.I do not yet recall seeing a zinc badge with a plate under the tophook?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

To update this thread, the badge posted has been determined to be a period zinc Meybauer.

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                    To update this thread, the badge posted has been determined to be a period zinc Meybauer.
                    John;Thanks for the update.I always wondered about this badge.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                      John;Thanks for the update.I always wondered about this badge.
                      One of a kind badge. I note nobody in the thread came out and said it was not period though. They just were not sure.

John

Comment

I agree that three years ago when this badge was originally posted,i was not sure.
                        That reverse set up was very different and of a type i did not recell seeing before.

New discoveries have come to light since then and i do now agree that this reverse set is attributed to Meybauer.The same reverse set up can be found on other zinc KM awards that we now beleive are also Meybauer.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X