Fake uniform thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake uniform thread

please post fake uniforms within this thread also uniforms that have been altered to deceive, wool and light weight types Uniforms that you have had or personally handled ie owned offered to you and had in the hand or handled at shows.

I will link it up eventually with the other fake threads

Please post you images on the site no outside hosting if you have images and are unable to do that contact me and i will post them for you

Post a Picture of the item and as tunics are somewhat complex what was wrong with the item.

What i do not want is a debate on each item, the poster and anyone else who has handled the item can state what is/was wrong with the item as that is your opinion but in a un biased way,

If there are issues with any item posted here and members want to discuss it then note the post number and start a thread about the item do not post it here and then a link can be posted with the item in this thread.

Camouflage I will also be in the future starting a thread about those items so please no camouflage

Here is one that I bought and found to be post war assembled.The stiifening material was removed from behind the collar to keep anyone from detecting extra holes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gary Wood; 02-17-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

This one was offered to me for $10,000 by a well known individual in the hobby who has had his name mebtioned in a few texts.It was said to belong to KC winner Helmut Schreiber,but no pictures of Schreiber exist with this uniform and some of the insignias are fake.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is another of the same type,notice all three are made from the "Iron" weave "Italian Gabardine" all three have the early Dachau type tabs with fake litzen. Two have Seider eagles one had a good modern copy with no unterlagen.All three came originaly from the same source.
        Attached Files

Comment

This one is also "Italian Gabardine" and was offered to me by someone named Bruno of "HSC" Militaria in France. Fake eagle pristine insignias.I have to say I wonder about all the minty collar insignias on some tunics Ive seen they pass as real but I think now they are PERFECT made fakes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is one offered to me look at the rank on the boards compaired to the collar,someone goofed.
            Attached Files

Comment

When I caught this and alerted the seller I got this pic ..and easy fix. Oh well no effect on the price of the item either.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is one from Manions years and years ago,fake bigfoot eagle. I think the tunic may have been a good SS tunic though it had some fine shoulder boards on it . Sold later through AAG.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is one from N&T bad to the bone insignias.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here was one offered to me by "Hundingsbane" of Sweden. It looked interesting but had a fake eagle.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is one that fooled even the best on this forum..no offense guys we all get fooled from time to time...This was offered for $40,000 to my friend who sent me the pictures asking for assistance.What was wrong was that some guy in California made the tunic, real insignias though.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by John Pic; 02-17-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Tunic good. Replaced eagle only to best of my knowledge, original insignia except artillery boards were fake. Eagle reportd to be an oddball. Tunic was named but the individual was never artillery.

Best,

Pete
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This style of Ravensbruck tunic, either total repro or assembled and artifically aged is begining to show up more and more and tunics with similiar lining with the bad Betr stamp (from a cap) font as shown below. Sometimes real insignia, full or partially removed with shading. Can also be seen with ss bw stamps.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by pete; 03-05-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Attached Files
                              Last edited by pete; 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X